Senior Communications & Public Affairs Officer
Senior Communications & Public Affairs Officer working for Thames Valley Housing - based in Twickenham, Middlesex.
Details about the Client
We are a medium-sized housing association based in Twickenham, South West London. We own or manage some 15,000 homes in London, Berkshire, Surrey, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Wiltshire and Sussex. These include traditional rented housing, shared ownership, key worker and student accommodation.
Our vision is for everyone to have the chance to build their lives from a base of a good home.
Our mission is to provide good quality affordable homes and invest in communities.
We love to build. Not just housing and communities, but skills and careers too.
Detailed Job Description
We are currently looking for a Senior Communications & Public Affairs Officer to join Thames Valley Housing. Reporting into the Head of Communications & Public Affairs, you will be a senior officer in a small team of five.
You will play an important role in making sure Thames Valley Housing's communications are effective, authentic and support our strategy. You will support the Head of Communications in managing the day to day business and run key projects. You will also have the ability to drop everything and react to new issues quickly and effectively - and to tight deadlines.
You will work across the wider communications team to develop, implement and evaluate a range of communications initiatives, providing support and project management.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Support the Head of Communications to run day to day business and projects
- Identify & reach target audiences and customer segments
- Shape & produce excellent content
- Engage with staff to develop opportunities to influence key decision makers
- Be an in-house communications expert, giving advice and guidance to the business
- Lead on delivering and evaluating social media campaigns around key issues
- Write copy and manage production of online and printed material
- Write clear, engaging copy for web and print
- Organising events
- Manage Press & PR contact with trade and news media
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with trade press & other key contacts
- Build and maintain excellent relationships
You will have experience of planning and delivering different types of multi-channel communication campaigns
Excellent written and interpersonal skills
Ability to manage internal and external key stakeholders
What's on offer
Up to £38,300 + excellent benefits
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPSZ13846215Z
Apply for Senior Communications & Public Affairs Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly