Coordinator – Mass Administration of Medicines, Trachoma Elimination Programme (12 month fixed term
This role will support the mass administration of medicines and other initiatives in the national trachoma elimination programme working directly with the Federal Ministry of Health.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Support the national eye health coordinator in the overall coordination of distribution of antibiotics towards the elimination of trachoma in Nigeria
- Participates in state micro planning for distribution of antibiotics towards the elimination of trachoma in Nigeria
- Support coordination of implementation of mass administration of medicines and ensure adherence to work plans and budgets for the achievement of planned project outputs and targets in each state
- Coordinate capacity building initiatives as required at the state and LGAs levels
- Support the state and LGAs programme teams to identify and develop innovative approaches for the implementation of mass administration medicines to ensure delivery of programme targets.
- Support collaboration with relevant governmental, non-governmental agencies and stakeholders where necessary for the effective implementation of project activities
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (50% of time)
- Support the national eye health coordinator in monitoring and supervision of distribution of antibiotics and adherence to preferred practices.
- Conduct monthly programme site visits and follow up on outstanding issues as an integral part of the position.
- The person will be responsible for guiding the overall Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E) strategy, managing the interventions and use of M & E methodology/approaches to meet proposed goals.
- Collate and review all treatment data from the states and report to national eye health coordinator and trachoma technical action committee
- Investigate all reports of all adverse experiences and submit findings to National Eye Health Coordinator. Also, take appropriate actions to address all confirmed adverse effects
- Work closely with all partners to ensure proper inventory of all medicines supplied as part of the supply chain management of the programme.
- Prepare report for National Coordinator at the end of distribution of antibiotics including final treatment figures within 60 days of completion for submission to relevant partners and donors
- Assist National Coordinator in completing the dossier for the elimination of elimination of trachoma in Nigeria
- Represent the programme office on monitoring and evaluation issues at relevant state ministries and other agencies
- Ensure NTDs data is updated as required and shared with relevant agencies
- Coordinate the preparation of quarterly and annual reports to trachoma technical action committee as required
- Technical knowledge of one or more of the five leading NTDs
- Experience in managing an integrated NTD programme.
- A demonstrated record of accomplishment in developing and managing public health programmes.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Minimum of 5-6 years working experience, ideally in an INGO setting.
- Experience in the management of donors supported programmes
Skills (Special Training or Competence):
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to build strong working relationships to enable effective management of partnerships and work collaboratively as part of a global team.
- Proven ability to think strategically and translate concepts into effective action plans.
- Excellent networking and advocacy skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to deliver group training sessions.
- People management skills with a strong understanding of culturally and ethnically sensitive issues.
- Able to travel regularly on project visits
- An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for disabled people.