Management Accountant required for a leading Charity based in South/Central London. The role is a very important one within the finance department and offers scope for professional development and growth. It would suit a part qualified / finalist level candidate with experience in bottom to top month end and business partnering.
- Assemble financial information and ensure it is accurately recorded in the financial system (Sun Systems), completing any journals as required
- Support the Caring Services Management Accountant in production of monthly management accounts for all departments of Caring Services
- Review individual management accounts for specific regions, as directed by the SMT and investigate variances to budget and respond to queries
- Assist in co-ordinating the budgeting process for specific services by:
a. Distributing and collating templates, and reviewing individual budgets for accuracy and completeness before uploading budgets to Sun.
b. Providing assistance to budget holders including issuing guidance, reviewing procedures and coding as required.
c. Providing supporting analysis as required during the budget process
- Reconcile balance sheet and bank accounts as directed
- Produce & review Restricted Donation reports and liaise with relevant managers on spend status
- Provide support to the rest of the finance department
Experience /Skills & Abilities
- Part qualified / finalist a recognised professional accounting body
- Experience of using general ledger accounting packages for processing journals (previous use of SUN accounts and Vision Excel/Executive tool is desirable)
- An understanding of the principle of accruals based accounting
- An understanding of balance sheet reconciliation procedures
- Experience of preparing management accounts and other reports using Excel and/or query tools
- Experience of providing financial management support to business partners
- Good IT skills (at least intermediate Excel spreadsheet skills)
- Proactive/ability to work on own initiative. Needs to be able to take the lead in identifying and investigating variances to budget and other unusual financial movements.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Must be competent in communicating with managers who do not have a finance background.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.