Our client is a social action charity whose aim is to build a more just and flourishing society. They were established as a practical response to unmet need and has been active in local communities for over 30 years. Their vision is to see people and communities all over England flourish and enjoy life in all its fullness.
They have grown in size and complexity over recent years through significant developments, including the establishment of a Foundation subsidiary in 2016. This has created a need for additional financial support in meeting the increasing financial management requirements across the group.
Part time 21 hours per week
The Finance Manager position will be a vital part of the Finance Management Team providing support to the Director of Finance and Resources, in meeting the organisation's financial and compliance obligations and helping to embrace new opportunities as they arise. Key duties will include providing overall financial support to the organisation and its subsidiaries to ensure the financial health of the organisation and enable sound decision making in both the short and long term. Other duties will include:
- Working closely with the Director of Finance to coordinate the process and production of annual budget and quarterly forecast
- Reviewing the monthly and quarterly management accounts and draft explanatory reports
- Supporting the Director of Finance and Funding Directors in coordinating budgets for funding bids and reporting to funders
- Provide support and assistance with the financial aspects of grants applications, contract negotiations and project proposals.
- Manage and develop financial systems and financial models to be rolled out across the organisation
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate diplomacy and empathy and who will be committed to helping the organisation achieve their mission. Candidates will also need to be able to demonstrate:
- Charity finance management experience and an understanding of charity accounting guidance and Charity SORP
- Ability to work under pressure and have a flexible approach and ability to respond to rapidly changing work priorities and working to tight deadlines
- Strong communication, persuasion and influencing skills and the ability to liaise with financial and non-financial stakeholders
- Good IT skills, in particular high level Excel skills and the ability to work with accounting software
- Full qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
To register your interest, please submit your CV via the Prospectus website by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. Please upload your CV in Word format and include a supporting statement in support of your application; this should describe how your experience and skills meet the requirements of the job description. This should be no longer than two sides of A4. The full Job Description is available to download from the Prospectus website.
A Prospectus consultant will review and assess all submitted CVs in order to determine each applicant's suitability and aptitude for the role. Selected candidates will be contacted to discuss the role in more detail. As part of the selection process, candidates may be invited to meet with a consultant at our offices.