Strategic Communications Manager
We’re looking for an experienced communications manager to lead the development of an ambitious membership and internal communications strategy – to deliver excellent communications to Girlguiding’s members (girls and volunteers) and staff. The successful candidate will be leading a team of communications officers, and will work across the organisation in a strategic role to ensure the membership and staff needs of our strategic plan have been interpreted, planned and met through creative communications.
What makes Girlguiding special
Girlguiding is the leading charity for girls and young women in the UK. We empower nearly half a million girls to be their best and face the challenges of growing up today. We’ve been doing that through adventure, friendship and fun for over 100 years – and all that is reflected in how we reach and engage a spectrum of audiences.
Your areas of responsibility
- You will develop and deliver communications strategies to insure our core audiences are united behind our mission, vision and values; inspired to take part in initiatives which support our aims; and supported through a period of change for the charity
- You will oversee the delivery of a range of high quality digital and print channels, including email newsletters, our intranet and a termly print magazine
- You will hold evidenced expertise about membership and staff communications, change management and crisis communications and be confident in advising stakeholders of all levels across these disciplines
- You will motivate the team to be ambitious, innovative and professional in their thinking and delivery, and support their personal development.
We are looking for a leader who can:
- develop and deliver successful communications strategies
- build constructive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- develop and promote the strategic communications function
- develop successful digital communication strategies and large scale digital products.
This role sits within the Marketing and Audience Engagement department in the Marketing and Communications directorate. The directorate is the central communications function for the charity that also includes our PR and Advocacy department and Fundraising department.
Girlguiding values the differences that a diverse workforce brings and is committed to inclusivity, and to employing and supporting a diverse workforce. Girlguiding is proud to be part of the Stonewall Diversity Champions programme, a member of the Business Disability Forum, and a member of Time to Change – improving attitudes towards mental health. While Girlguiding’s young members may be female only, our staff team is mixed gender. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability (physical or mental), gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Children & Youth Operations & Service Delivery jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time Children & Youth Business Development & Commercial jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time Children & Youth Volunteers jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time Children & Youth PR & Communications jobs in London (Greater)