Digital Marketing Officer
Job title: Digital Marketing Officer
Line Manager: Media & Marketing Communications Senior Manager
Location: Central London
The purpose of this role is to promote UK-GBC and its various activities through the development, implementation, tracking and optimisation of a digital marketing strategy across multiple channels (including website and social media platforms).
People (eg. headcount)
No direct reports.
Communications department includes 4 staff members.
12 month contract with potential for renewal
Principal Accountabilities (e.g. key responsibilities and projects)`
- Manage and maintain the UK-GBC website including:
- Managing the CMS of the UK-GBC website(s) and digital platforms. Working alongside internal stakeholders to agree and deliver high profile and quality digital products and services eg website and microsite template development, innovation strategy involvement, integration with CRMs and API integration.
- Working alongside the agency to support ptimising SEO/SEM/SMO capabilities (Search engine optimisation and search engine marketing and social media optimisation).
- Uploading and updating content on a timely basis – liaising internally with key members of staff in each department. Also provide guidance and training to staff to enable them to upload content themselves and manage the moderator process in order that consistency and quality is maintained.
- Optimize user experience to improve the user-rating feedback and staff feedback on ease of use of the website.
- Undertake email communications for UK-GBC (using Mailchimp) based on the plan and manage the timetable and content production and collation.
- Support the Media, Marketing & Communications Senior Manager in producing a content plan for UK-GBC in line with the AOP (annual operating plan)
- Develop and implement UK-GBC’s social media strategy and maximise profile across all activities. Maintain our social media presence.
- Measuring and reporting on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns.
- Work with the wider comms team to identify content opportunities and produce the relevant materials (news items, thought leadership, podcasts, blogs, infographics etc.) and disseminate in the most appropriate digital channel
- Support the production of audio-visual content for UK-GBC and play an active role in the adoption of new media by UK-GBC
- Interface with UK-GBC’s external agencies and consultants as required
- Act as a ‘brand ambassador’ to promote the correct use of the UK-GBC brand both internally and externally through digital channels
- Record activities relevant to members on Salesforce
- Assist and project manage specific projects allocated according to the plan
- Deputise for the Media, Marketing and Communications Senior Manager as required
- Support and collaborate with the wider UK-GBC team to optimise members’ user experience
- Identify digital trends and evaluate emerging technologies, use these to inform and evolve UK-GBC’s core activities and outputs as well as dissemination plans. Provide thought leadership and prospective for adoption where appropriate
Decision making authority (eg strategy - impact on business; customers/stakeholders; people - leadership and teamwork; process - operational effectiveness and controls)
- Web development tasks
- Content production timetables
- Stakeholder management and team building
- Trend and insights analysis
- Managing the day to day functionality of the website(s) and digital platforms
- Methodologies for measuring and reporting on effectiveness of digital strategy
- Digital strategy and detailed project plans
- New content ideas or initiatives
- Annual budgets and ongoing financial reporting including monthly forecasts
- Outsourcing decisions, and third party appointments
- Resource allocation
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics etc)
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Proven experience of delivering successful integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Mailchimp/email marketing
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, juggling multiple projects
- Drupal Wordpress or Joomla programming skills
- programming experience
- Salesforce knowledge
- Project management experience
- Good stakeholder management experience
- Good interpersonal experience
Knowledge, experience and qualifications
- Proven working experience in digital marketing
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO, social media and digital marketing campaigns
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Relevant undergraduate degree in marketing or a related field
Terms & Conditions
Place of Work: Building Centre, 26 Store Street, London WC1E 7BT
Hours of work: 37.5 hours; normally 9am – 5.30pm, some flexible working
Holidays: 28 days per annum pro rata, plus public holidays, plus 3 days Xmas closure
Salary & benefits: Competitive package, dependent on candidate experience, includes enhanced pension contributions.
Length of contract: 12 month contract with potential for renewal
Start date: ASAP
Apply for Digital Marketing Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly