We are looking for someone who understands the Mercy Ships mission and is full of ideas about how to convey it in fresh, vibrant ways to a variety of audiences. This is a chance to work for a pioneering, unique charity that genuinely transforms people’s lives.
Salary range £25,000 - £29,000 dependent on experience + Benefits
Permanent, Full Time
Mercy Ships is a faith based charity, bringing safe surgery to people in Africa who have no access to healthcare or money to pay for it. We are looking for a passionate, creative in-house graphic designer to join our team to work across our portfolio of marketing and fundraising assets.
Working closely with our communications manager, the successful candidate will produce concepts, design and artwork across our print and digital channels, and form an integral part of our marketing team.
About the role:
- To design artwork for Mercy Ships brochures, supporter magazine, reports, posters and other fundraising material that is on-brand and fits with our communications strategy
- To design artwork for use across Mercy Ships digital channels: email, social media and website
- To work closely with the Communications Manager in the shaping of marketing strategy and to develop fresh ways to engage our audiences
- Other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager
- Excellent knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience of working with printing houses and preparing materials for print
- Experience of designing artwork for digital communications
- A varied portfolio of work that demonstrates an ability to speak effectively and creatively to different audiences
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A proactive, flexible and energetic team player
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and juggle work accordingly
- An understanding of SEO and how to maximise graphics for online audiences is desirable
- Two years’ experience working in-house for a company or charity is preferable, but not essential
- Post holder will actively follow Mercy Ships UK policies
Please download the job description to find out more and apply with your CV and cover letter, which should be no more than 2 pages in length, detailing your relevant experience and why you want to work with us as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you!
No agencies please.