Head of Media and PR
We're looking for a Head of Press and PR, to be responsible for planning a proactive and reactive PR strategy that promotes and protects Terrence Higgins Trust's brand and reputation. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of a broad range of communications activities, in line with our strategic aims of preventing HIV, promoting good sexual health, amplifying the voices of people living with HIV, and helping people live well with HIV.
Your responsibilities will include management of the press office, social media content, and internal comms. You will play an active role in crisis management, and will ensure consistency and quality of messaging for external channels.
You will have senior level experience of working in the press office of a high-profile organisation, and experience of managing social media channels.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- To play an active role in anticipating, preparing for and implementing responses to crisis situations, or other situations where there is risk of damage to our reputation
- To adopt a strategic approach to the external media environment and an understanding of how best to target our efforts
- To develop and project manage areas of delivery for PR and awareness-raising campaigns in line with our strategy, and work across teams to deliver these – including our annual World AIDS Day campaign
- To support the delivery of our internal communication strategy to meet the changing needs of an evolving organisation, to build staff engagement in our organisational strategy and priority campaigns, and to encourage greater sharing/networking across teams.
- Implement a strategic approach to social media content to enhance our brand, reflect our strategic focuses, and amplify the voices of people living with HIV
- Ensure the voices of people living with HIV are embedded across our communications, through the development of a demographically diverse case study library which reflects our priorities and services
- To manage the Press Office and Internal Comms budget in accordance with Finance guidelines
- To represent the Executive Director of Digital and Communications as required.
- To carry out any other duties as required by the Executive Director of Digital and Communications