Senior Public Affairs Advisor
This is a full time permanent role within an ambitious, growing charity, working directly with the chief executive.
Candidates should be prepared to start at the end of 2017 or at the start of 2018.
- Home-working with regular travel into London; desk space in London available.
- An ambitious, growing charity, campaigning to raise awareness and safety surrounding a critical public safety issue.
- Working directly with the chief executive, this is a critical post within the organisation during a time of change.
- This opportunity will initially deliver public affairs from an operational perspective, with the scope to become more strategic and involve team management.
- There is a blend of public affairs and communications responsibilities, which will involve writing press releases, selling in stories, meeting with ministers, attending broadcast interviews, and establishing relationships with challenging stakeholders.
- You will be required to confidently stand in front of select committees, and have a solid understanding of the freedom of information act in order to analyse data.
- A charismatic, mature public affairs professional with high energy and strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to work in a busy, research-based environment, having dealt with complex statistics and topics.
- This team has the potential to grow over time, so management experience will be required.
Deadline: Urgent - As soon as possible.