Programme Director One Digital
3 days left
- Contract Type
One Digital is a unique partnership funded by The National Lottery, intent on creating a scalable movement to improve the basic digital skills and digital inclusion of 12 million people in the UK who are digitally excluded.
Age UK, Citizens Online, Clarion, Digital Unite and the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO) have worked together over the past two years to deploy a variety of Digital Champion models to improve social inclusion by supporting people to gain basic digital skills.
We are now embarking on the next phase of the programme and wish to appoint the first One Digital Programme Director who will provide the energy and leadership to ensure our partner organisations work well together to accelerate the way in which basic digital skills and social inclusion are delivered to over 40,000 people across the UK.
- Act as lead spokesperson for the One Digital programme –promoting the partnership’s work and celebrating its achievements.
- Liaise with regional and UK Government departments, ensuring that they are informed about the programme’s achievements and building relationships to influence the future shape of UK digital inclusion public policy.
- Engage with the programme’s key private and public stakeholders and develop strategies to influence public and third sector policy.
- Ensure that the One Digital programme meets the commitments it has made to funders on programme outputs, milestones and outcomes.
- Plan for the programme’s scalability and sustainability.
- Experience of leading, driving and shaping large scale programmes that deliver tangible benefits to partners and participants
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Leading successful multi-sector partnerships and building effective working relationships with a range of partners.
- Experience of working in a fast paced, complex environment, working collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders
For further details please visit the Age UK Careers site.
The One Digital Programme Director post will be hosted by Age UK. Our head office is in London but flexible arrangements can be agreed on the location of this post.
Interviews will be held at the head office Thursday 12 October 2017.
Age UK has a vision of a world in which older people flourish. We aim to improve later life for everyone through our services, advice, campaigns, products, training and research.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 26 days annual holiday, plus bank holidays
- Competitive pension with employer contribution of up to 9%
- BUPA Cash Plan
- Cycle scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Life insurance
- Staff perks discounts
- Learning and development schemes
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
All job offers are subject to receipt of satisfactory references