International Field Advisor - Rainforest Programme
Passionate about working with rural communities? Knowledgeable about how rural communities make a living? Excited to contribute to the conservation of a globally important biodiversity hotspot?
International Field Advisor
Reference number: A0960517
Location: Liberia - 50% in Monrovia and 50% in Kongbor at the field office.
Starting salary range is £25,463 to £27,585 per annum
Hours: Full time
Contract: One Year
Our client is seeking a Field Advisor-Livelihoods for the EU-funded GolaMA Project in northwest Liberia, implemented with local partner organisation, the Society for the Conservation of Nature of Liberia (SCNL). The Project sits within the Gola Rainforest Programme, an exciting long-term initiative supporting the management of a critical transboundary landscape across Sierra Leone and Liberia.
The GolaMA project aims to conserve an internationally important forest corridor in the Gola Forest by supporting communities to manage their forests while improving livelihoods and establishing a pilot model for sustainable financing. Our client is looking for a livelihoods advisor to advise and support the implementation of the project's livelihoods programme.
The advisor's main duties are:
- To lead on the design of livelihoods activities for the GolaMA Project based on best practice in Liberia and internationally.
- To work closely with the SCNL's Project Coordinator to coordinate the implementation of livelihoods activities.
- To provide advice and training as needed to GolaMA staff for the implementation of livelihoods activities.
- To support effective monitoring of the project's livelihoods activities.
- To advise the project manager on the planning and budgeting of livelihoods activities.
The position will be based 50% in Monrovia and 50% in Kongbor at the GolaMA field office.
The benefits package includes accommodation, flights and travel insurance.
Candidates do NOT need to be eligible to work in the UK as this post is based overseas.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 30th June
Interviews will be held on: Monday 3rd July
To find out more information and apply for this position, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
Please make sure you include reference number A0960517 on any correspondence.
No agencies please.