Development Manager (Trusts and Individual Giving)
Nordoff Robbins is the largest independent music therapy charity in the UK, dedicated to changing the lives of vulnerable and isolated people. The charity supports thousands of people through their own music therapy centres and also by working in partnership with a wide range of organisations including care homes, schools and hospitals.
In the hands of a trained practitioner, music therapy can be used to support people living with a wide range of needs. It can help a child with autism to communicate, unlock forgotten memories for those living with dementia or provide comfort and celebrate the life of someone facing a terminal illness.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly experienced Development Manager who will lead on the charity's individual giving programme including the further development and income generation of our major giving, regular giving, one-off donations and legacy income streams. Also overseeing and further developing the trusts fundraising income stream.
It's a fantastic and varied role managing managing key senior stakeholders across the charity, including our Philanthropy Committee and also working closely with our Service Delivery team, including our music therapists and also our Research team.
Identification, development and stewardship
- Develop and manage relationships with new and existing major donors, Philanthropy Committee Members and influential stakeholders to ensure successful solicitation of major gifts, repeat gifts and increased value gifts.
- Research funding opportunities and identify core services and new projects for revenue or capital, to fit the criteria of key funders.
- Liaise with colleagues and recommend re-packaging of existing projects, obtaining the information required for successful funding proposals.
- Oversee and advise (when required) applications to charitable trusts - line managing the Trusts and Grant Fundraiser who will lead on the application and submission process.
- Make both written and face to face asks as appropriate.
- Further develop and maintain an engaging annual donor solicitation plan.
- Develop and manage activity to increase low-level support through regular giving and one-off donations, stewarding existing supporter appropriately.
- Manage legacy enquiries and gifts appropriately and further raise awareness of legacy giving.
- Manage the Philanthropy Committee working with members to identify and develop potential major donors / corporate supporters through their networks in order to raise income.
Planning and maximising outputs
- Responsible for taking the lead (with support from the Head of Fundraising and colleagues across the Fundraising team) on the development and delivery of an effective high-value strategy to solicit major gifts for Nordoff Robbins.
- In conjunction with the Head of Fundraising, agree and deliver personal income targets aligned to the individual giving income streams as well as account for and maximise value from all expenditure against this income stream.
Management and teamwork
- Responsible for supporting and supervising the trusts strategy as developed by the Trusts & Grants Fundraiser, in line with the organisation’s overall strategy for growth and for ensuring income targets are met.
- Line-manage the Fundraising Assistant who provides administrative support across the community fundraising, individual giving and trusts income streams.
- Support and supervise the Senior Database Officer with the further roll-out of the recently implemented fundraising database system, and work closely with the Officer to ensure the team’s use and the system’s outputs add value to the fundraising activities.
Please see the attached supporting documents for a full person specification.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews may commence prior to the advert closing date on the 19th June 2017.
SEE BELOW TO APPLY
More jobs like this
- Full Time Health & Medical Fundraising jobs in South East England
- Full Time Health & Medical Management jobs in South East England
- Full Time Health & Medical Community Fundraising jobs in South East England
- Full Time Health & Medical Major Donor/ Gifts jobs in South East England
- Full Time Health & Medical Trusts & Foundations jobs in South East England