Direct Marketing Manager – Retention and Development
Closing date: Thursday 4th May 2017 at 11.30 pm
We’re looking for a creative individual with broad direct marketing experience to join us as a Direct Marketing Manager and help us enhance and strengthen our relationship with our supporters.
Shelter’s Fundraising Division has grown significantly over the past three years and is set to continue, with a vision of reaching £40m by 2017. Accordingly, there’s a real confidence on the part of the senior management team and the Board and a strong conviction that fundraising will be central to our ongoing success. Over the coming years there will be significant investment placed in the division to enable sustained growth across the board, particularly in Individual Giving, where this challenging direct marketing role sits.
Benefits include 30 days annual leave, the possibility of flexible working and significant opportunities for learning and development.
Your key responsibilities:
- Working with the Head of Retention and Development and Early Retention Manager to develop effective strategies
- Driving the implementation of those strategies, monitoring their progress against plan and making sure they are delivered successfully on time and to budget
- Interacting with the digital fundraising team to ensure engagement and supporter journeys deliver a truly integrated experience
- Managing and developing two direct marketing executives, including providing regular 121s, reviews and appraisals.
And what you’ll need:
- An impressive knowledge of Direct Marketing techniques and a proven ability to work on strategic plans and analyse and report on the performance of campaigns
- Manage a small team to deliver high quality direct marketing campaigns
- Experience of managing external agencies and suppliers
- A results-driven, collaborative and supporter focused approach, the ability to lead change and improve performance and a willingness to challenge the status quo when necessary
For further information about the role and the benefits of working for Shelter please download the job description.
Shelter is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of clients, in particular children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
At Shelter, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through our advice, support and legal services. And we campaign to make sure that, one day, no one will have to turn to us for help.
We’re here so no one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
Shelter does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Housing & Homelessness Fundraising jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time Housing & Homelessness Marketing jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time Housing & Homelessness Management jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time Housing & Homelessness PR & Communications jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time Housing & Homelessness Major Donor/ Gifts jobs in London (Greater)