Are you an enthusiastic, rigorous, proactive individual who is passionate about trust fundraising? Do you have a proven track record in researching, collating, preparing and submitting successful applications to a range of funders? We are looking for an exceptional trust fundraiser to join our high-performing team to maximise income from trusts and foundations. Working with the trust fundraising lead, you will manage a portfolio of smaller Trusts and Foundations as well as seeking grants from new funders to grow the charity’s income. Excellent writing skills are essential to develop high quality, strategically relevant applications and ensure effective reporting.
Addenbrooke’s Charitable Trust (ACT) raises funds to support Addenbrooke's and the Rosie, the Cambridge University Hospitals. We connect givers and causes, funding projects and facilities that are beyond the boundaries of the NHS to achieve the highest possible standards and outcomes in patient experience, clinical care, research and education.
- To generate income from grant-making trusts and foundations across a number of projects to agreed targets with a focus on securing gifts over £5k
- To develop a deep understanding of ACT’s fundraising projects to identify key matches with trusts who will be aligned with our work.
- To prepare compelling high quality funding proposals that are strategically relevant and attractive to new and existing trusts.
- To develop and maintain excellent relationships with a portfolio of trusts, providing personal stewardship through face-to-face meetings, regular communications and high quality reporting.
- Manage the pipeline of all ACT’s funding applications ensuring all internal and external deadlines are met.
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent
- At least two years’ experience of trust fundraising in an established charity.
- A demonstrable track record of executing trust fundraising plans to budget.
- A thorough understanding of best practice in applying to trusts.
- Ability to write compelling, creative, tailored, trust applications.
- Experience of securing funds by writing well-researched, compelling and convincing written applications.
Please see the supporting documents attached below for a full job description and person specification.
Completed applications and covering letter in by: Monday 15th May 12.00 noon to Lynn Roberts, Head of HR (application form can be found as a supporting document below).
Shortlisting: 16th and 17th May (you will be notified by 18th May if you are to be invited for interview)
Interview date: Tuesday 23rd or Wednesday 24th May (this will include a short writing test. The interview and test will take approximately 1.5 hours)
For an informal chat, please contact Liz Brinsdon, Tel: 01223 216388 email@example.com