Community Enabler - Environmental Charity
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team of 11 Community enablers across the South of England. Your job will be helping community groups with advice and support in applying for funding for a national programme to improve local green spaces.
ROLE: Community Enabler
SALARY: £18,341 - £21,577 per annum
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term: Until March 2019
OPERATIONAL AREA: Thames Valley Area
LOCATION: Denham / Home based
Our client is a charity committed to transforming people’s lives and places through social, economic and environmental action. In terms of development and delivery of these projects they work across three business themes, Parks & Open Spaces, Youth & Employment and Greener Living & Working.
Each enabler will assist 10 local meetings twice a year in the award process to help with an in-store voting process, generate local PR stories with a local retailer and attend opening /celebration for approximately 60 retail stores in your target location.
You will be based within one of the charity's local offices but have the support of a co-ordinator in terms of performance management reporting.
Successful applicants will have experience of working with local community groups, a proven ability to deliver projects and local knowledge of people and open spaces.
A passion for proactive engagement with a wide range of people, confident communication and presentation skills and an ability to manage your own time efficiently will be key.
You will also need to be flexible in terms of some out of hours working and travel to and from retail stores across your area.
In return our client offers:
- Life Assurance at four times annual salary*
- 25 days annual holiday, rising to 28 days after 2 years service and reaching 30 days after 4 years service
- Payroll Giving*, Cycle to Work* and Childcare Voucher schemes are available on a salary sacrifice basis
- A contributory pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan*
- Scope to continuing development of your professional skills
*Available after 6 months continuous service and successful completion of your probationary period.
Closing Date: 12th April 2017
Interview Date: 19th April 2017
Start Date: ASAP
To find out more information and apply for this position, please click the apply button. You will then be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
Please note that our client reserve the right to close applications early in the event of a large response. CVs will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our client is committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. To demonstrate their commitment they have been awarded the Disability Confident Scheme Symbol, which is awarded by the Employment Service.
They shall ensure fairness and equal opportunities throughout their workforce and in service delivery. They welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age.
No agencies please.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Social Care & Welfare Fundraising jobs in Homeworking
- Full Time Social Care & Welfare Operations & Service Delivery jobs in Homeworking
- Full Time Social Care & Welfare Business Development & Commercial jobs in Homeworking
- Full Time Social Care & Welfare PR & Communications jobs in Homeworking
- Full Time Social Care & Welfare Trusts & Foundations jobs in Homeworking