Salary: c. £35K
Portsmouth Rotary Housing Association is a not-for-profit, exempt charity, founded in 1969. It has been serving adults who may be considered vulnerable by reason of age, largely in the Portsmouth area, for nearly 50 years by providing social housing. It currently owns and manages 107 sheltered apartments and 46 non-sheltered units. The Association is managed by members of the Rotary Club of Portsmouth & Southsea and a number of independent members.
They are seeking a new Housing Manager to organise the resources of the Association to ensure a high quality and effective service is provided in line with the fee income and expenditure budgets and the agreed business plans and objectives.
The core responsibilities are:
• Manage day to day relationships with external suppliers and residents and provide a prime point of reference for effective management
• Oversee the Association’s housing stock to include the interview and appointment of new residents
• Contribute to the preparation of budgets and operational plans
• Manage day to day financial transactions including invoice authorisation and payments
• Offer guidance and advice, where appropriate, to resolve any housing or residents’ issues
• Plan, manage and control operational performance to ensure achievement of a high quality service at all times
The successful candidate will ideally possess a relevant professional or management qualification and have operational knowledge of legal frameworks relating to housing. You will be competent in liaising with external stakeholders and have excellent communication and networking skills. Sound financial acumen is essential together with experience of contract negotiation and preparation of budgets. A flexible and adaptable approach to your work will be important and you will possess the qualities to lead, direct and appraise a small staff team.
To apply for this role please send your CV in a word format, along with a supporting statement to Jill Livingstone, Charisma Charity Recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number JO1345.
Closing date for applications: 19 April 2017
Interview date: early/mid May