Web Content Editor
My client is a Higher Education provider based in Manchester.
As a Web Content Editor you will be supporting the Web team to provide a comprehensive and effective web presence in accordance with industry best practice and provide support and advice on creating engaging digital content for both internal and external web users.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Working with the Web Officers and other colleagues to review the existing web presence (including detailed content mapping of existing sites) and support the development of a comprehensive web presence with a consistent look and feel for site navigation and content.
- Writing persuasive copy and interesting content in line with the branding and visual identity guidelines.
- Creating and maintaining attractive and dynamic websites.
- Providing a website design and development service alongside the Web Officers.
- Contributing to the ongoing development of the new web sites.
- Supporting web development and content management where no current resource exists.
- Developing clear and concise legal, editorial, accessibility and design guidelines and to ensure compliance with these.
- Monitoring web pages to ensure compliance with branding guidelines and other rules and guidance.
- Responding to and managing requests received by the IT Support Centre within agreed specified turnaround times.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previously worked in a similar role (Essential)
- Be able to demonstrate writing for an online audience (Essential)
- Have the ability to write HTML code (Essential)
- Be able to produce outstanding copy for the web and be able to design and develop websites, editing and managing content (Essential)
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills (Essential)
- Have previously worked within the education sector (Essential)
- Have previously worked in a communications or public relations environment (Desirable)
City Centre Location
12 month fixed term contract