The role will be based in the Charity’s offices in Hornchurch, Essex with the possibility of 3 days in the office and 2 days home based if required
WaveLength is a 75-year-old national charity dedicated to relieving loneliness and isolation through the provision of media technology. We give TVs, radios, tablet computers and other equipment to lonely and isolated individuals living in poverty, both directly and through working with partner organisations including other charities, hostels, refuges, NHS organisations etc. Beneficiaries include elderly people; those with chronic mental or physical illnesses; disabled or learning-disabled people, people affected by homelessness, addiction, domestic violence, forced migration and other traumas.
The last few years have been an exciting time as the charity has branched out into tablet computer provision, and joined the growing national conversation around the dangers of loneliness. We have a small team working from an office in Greater London, and several hands-on trustees. WaveLength is in a period of growing and developing its public image, including a contemporary rebrand and push for increased awareness of our work.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, and working closely with the Communications and Projects Officers, the Fundraiser will help shape the organisation’s fundraising strategy and to lead on its delivery. The successful candidate will be required to build on their existing broad fundraising experience and use this to take the charity to the next level as we expand our activities and raise our profile. The organisation strongly believes in an ethical approach to fundraising
This is a challenging and wide-ranging post and the remit includes:
- Strengthening donor relationships to develop funding streams;
- Promoting the Charity’s online presence;
- Developing a direct marketing strategy;
- Delivering upon agreed financial targets;
- Keeping up to date with current regulations and protocols around Fundraising;
Essential to success in this role are strong written communication skills to support the charity’s fundraising through websites and social media and the development of publications and fundraising materials.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; strongly numerate;
- Revenue and capital fundraising experience;
- Experience of new donor and legacy development;
- Successful use of social media platforms within fundraising;
- Ability to research and develop budgets;
- Genuine knowledge of relational database (ideally FileMaker) development and maintenance; some programming skills would be useful;
- Well organised, flexible with strong IT skills