Policy Internship - Healthcare / NFP
Are you a graduate, considering a change in career or a student? Do you want to gain high level policy experience in the healthcare arena in London?
About the Organisation and the Role
This company is a not-for-profit organisation for independent hospitals across the United Kingdom. They represent over 250 hospitals that provide services to insured, self-paying and NHS-funded patients. They highlight the role the sector plays in delivering the nation's health and informs the national debate on delivering the healthcare Britain deserves.
City of London
Out of Pocket + Travel Expenses
April - June 2017
This is an exciting opportunity as the employer is offering a voluntary Policy Internship.
In this role, you will work with them on the following:
- To complete a project on regulatory work in England;
- Fulfil ongoing policy work in the devolved nations;
- To assist with consultation responses and key principles documents.
The above list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to assist with some administrative and other tasks for the organisation.
What are the benefits?
- Gain hands-on experience of working in a sector-leading trade association. AIHO is a strategically-placed organisation for an introduction to independent healthcare and healthcare policy.
- Advance your policy development and implementation skills, communication, organisation, teamwork and influencing skills.
- Working on a diverse range of projects under supervision.
- Join an enthusiastic and supportive team of people.
- Attend events as a representative of the organisation.
- Enhance your CV and gain written references at the end of your internship.
- Receive agreed out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed within our client's guidelines. Travel expenses to Zone 6 and lunch.
Preferred skills and qualities
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the role.
- Knowledge of or interest in health policy in the UK.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and social media, particularly Twitter.
- Strong organisational skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and attention to detail.
- Ability to use own initiative within specified guidelines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Willingness to follow company policy, e.g. health and safety, equal opportunities, confidentiality and financial guidelines.
What’s the commitment?
- 3 days a week, Monday to Friday, between 18 April and 30 June 2017
- You will be based at the employer’s offices in City of London and the role may involve occasional travel to external meetings.
- Flexible times and days to suit you and the organisation.
Timetable for Appointment
Complete and return your application form by 5pm 3 April 2017.
Interviews (including a practical test) planned for 5–12 April at the employer’s offices.
To find out more information and apply for this position, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
Our client is committed to equal opportunities and values diversity in its workforce.
No agencies please.