Stewardship & Cultivation Manager
At the National Trust, we have worked to protect places of Historic Interest and Natural Beauty for over 120 years. We look after a quarter of a million hectares of land and countryside, 775 miles of coastline, and thousands of archaeological monuments and historic buildings – and that’s an expensive task. We are incredibly grateful for the support our 4.2 million members but, as membership only covers a third of our costs, we also rely on donations and legacies to enable our vital conservation work.
That’s why we have an exciting and ambitious strategy in place to increase our fundraising to £100 million pounds by 2020 so that we can ensure the future of the nation’s most special places. To help us achieve this ambition, we’re introducing number of new and exciting roles to further expand our thriving fundraising team.
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
What it's like to work here
The National Trust's award-winning central office is a remarkable example of innovative and sustainable building construction. Designed by Feilden Clegg Bradley Architects in 2005, this architectural gem uses timber from our woodlands and wool from Herdwick sheep grazed on Trust farmlands, to help make Heelis a unique working environment.
What you'll be doing
We want to solidify our relationships with our existing donors, and nurture relationships with those considering a donation. That’s why we are looking for a dedicated Stewardship and Cultivation Manager to devise a strategic approach for our major donor stewardship and cultivation opportunities.
As Stewardship and Cultivation Manager, you’ll collaborate with Philanthropy Managers to develop and deliver innovative cultivation and stewardship events, communications and resources. You’ll be responsible for progressing prospective donors and engaging senior internal and external stakeholders with Philanthropy fundraising. We want to extend our current activities, so your inquisitive nature will be perfect for exploring and identifying opportunities, while ensuring donor retention. Drawing from your experience, you’ll create a matrix of recognition for donor stewardship, rolling out a set of standards across the Trust and providing expert advice and support to those involved in major gift fundraising.
Who we're looking for
Can you inspire our future? We have ambitious aims over the next decade, so it goes without saying that you should share in our values and vision. With exemplary knowledge of major donor event management, processes, techniques and the latest innovations, you’ll understand the motivations of donors and donor recognition. You’ll have methodical and highly organised project management skills, as well as meticulous attention to detail. We need someone who is able to self-motivate, but who is also a true team player as you’ll play a key role in supporting our Philanthropy Teams. You’ll know the current fundraising environment inside out, and will be no stranger to delivering innovative approaches to varied challenges. If you’re interested in working for an organisation with incredible scale and pace, and want to make donations go further, then we want to hear from you.
If you would like to find out more information and apply for this role please click the 'Apply' button to be redirected to our website.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Environment / Conservation Fundraising jobs in Swindon
- Full Time Environment / Conservation Business Development & Commercial jobs in Swindon
- Full Time Environment / Conservation PR & Communications jobs in Swindon
- Full Time Environment / Conservation Major Donor/ Gifts jobs in Swindon
- Full Time Environment / Conservation Supporter Development jobs in Swindon