Employer Engagement Manager and Regional Lead (London)
The Education Engagement Manager will work with the Head of Education and Community outreach to support building a community of stakeholders in the education and third sector that will enable and support the operational delivery of the Company’s work. They will support the Head of Education to build and maintain key relationships with teaching unions, academy chains, and other school networks to inform them about the company’s work, understand their priorities and encourage uptake of the Company’s programmes e.g. the Enterprise Adviser programme and the mentoring offer. They will have a lead role in delivering the CEC Youth Strategy, and key projects to support elected programmes to support the development of our core offer to school colleges and young people.
- Support the Head of Education in building strategic relationships with key education stakeholders who will support scaling the CEC’s work and embed these in the delivery of the CEC Enterprise Adviser Network through working in close partnership with the Regional Leads for each area of the country. To manage these relationships, by providing progress updates, case studies and issue resolution as required. Manage the database of all education contacts to ensure effective and efficient engagement from CEC.
- Support the Head of Education in creating a community of Headteachers who are Ambassadors for the CEC work, providing support to the Headteacher Ambassador Group and building a database of good practice which can be shared nationally, and working with the communications team and Events Manager to ensure this is showcased in a positive and impactful way.
- Build awareness of the CEC in the education and third sectors by preparing for, attending and speaking at meetings and/or conferences as required and working with the Comms Manager to ensure engaging, regular and relevant communications to all sector stakeholders.
- Working with the Regional Leads, building a strong understanding of regional schools engagement, enabling the Head of Education to target support and engagement, building knowledge of different operating models, and managing school visits for CEC team and external stakeholders e.g. government.
- To develop and lead on the CEC’s youth voice by mobilising Regional Youth Councils and a national Youth Ambassador Group. Support young people to engage in, input to and shape the company’s work whilst developing their own skills.
- Lead on projects emerging from the Headteacher Ambassador Group, managing key strands of the strategy developed by this group.
- Support the scoping and development of new initiatives and tools and resources which will support CEC schools and colleges.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest news and research in the education space and ensure the Head of Education, COO, CEO and wider Operations team are informed and abreast of best practice and developments in this space.
- Undertake ad hoc projects and activities to support the company’s overall aim of preparing young people for the world of work.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of project management, including impact tracking.
- A strong track record of stakeholder engagement and communications with a variety of audiences, preferably in the education and careers sector.
- Some experience of developing propositions, preferably for an education audience.
- Experience in organising events.
- A demonstrable understanding of school culture and the challenges faced by schools in delivering careers and enterprise, and the current careers education and corporate social responsibility landscapes.
- IT literate, particularly in Excel.
Skills and Core Competencies:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to persuade a variety of audiences and encourage others to use new ways of working. Confident in designing and delivering presentations.
- Collaborative and good at building relationships at all levels, both internally and with a range of external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple projects to time and budget.
- Proactive, with the ability to work independently, prioritising a busy workload and a large number of stakeholders.
- Adaptable, with the ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a start-up culture.
- Confident in scoping new ideas for development, with the ability to challenge others and be challenged.
To apply please submit your CV and Cover Letter (2 sides of A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org and for more infrormation please go to https://www.careersandenterprise.co.uk/about-us/work-for-us