Chief Executive - INS
INS – Chief Executive
Salary: £59,948 - £69,922 (Local scale linked to NHS AfC Band 8c/d)
Integrated Neurological Services is a Twickenham based charity founded in 1993 which provides professionally led reablement services for people with long term health conditions including stroke, MS and Parkinson’s in the London Boroughs of Richmond and Hounslow.
The budget is around £1.7m, half from charitable grants and fundraising and half from contracts with local council and NHS commissioners, which include a range of stroke support, care navigation and preventative services. The organisation directly employs 38 full and part time staff supported by about 60 volunteers and subcontractors. We have outsourced Legal/HR, IT, finance and payroll functions.
Our vision is to ensure all people with neurological and other long term conditions receive holistic, long-term professional support tailored to their needs; to maintain their wellbeing, and to enable the best possible quality of life for them and their carers. We aim to achieve this by both directly providing support from INS staff and volunteers AND by upskilling other organisations to deliver on this vision
Overall purpose of role: The Chief Executive is responsible for the overall operation, performance and success of INS. They will:
- Provide the operational and strategic leadership to promote the ethos and achieve the aims of INS and demonstrate effective outcomes for clients and carers
- Ensure the cost-effective delivery of high quality community health and care services from INS in partnership with commissioners and other providers
- Devise and implement financial plans to ensure INS operates within budget and maximises income, including bidding for and negotiating major contracts and grants
- Maintain and enhance external relationships with commissioners, funding organisations, other 3rd sector providers and the local community
- Horizon scan and develop strategies to respond to a rapidly changing external environment
- Be the main link between the organisation and the Trustees, providing advice and making recommendations to the Board.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role, and details on how to apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please contact Ros Findlay-Pix at Harris Hill Executive Search on 020 7820 7329.
Closing date for applications: 9am on Wednesday 2nd November