PR and Marketing Officer
Cornwall Air Ambulance has been flying for over 29 years and has attended over 26,000 incidents across the county. The helicopter is on scene within an average of 12 minutes of a 999 call being made. Patients are flown to hospitals across the region including Treliske, Derriford and the Bristol Royal Infirmary. Although we are an essential part of the emergency services, we do not receive any central government funding for direct operating costs, and rely on the support of the community to keep us flying.
Cornwall Air Ambulance is a growing charity with a high profile and an innovative and hardworking team culture. As winners of the Best Employer Award 2015 at Cornwall Business Awards, we have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated team player to join us at our air base headquarters near Newquay.
Our PR and Marketing officer will be a strategic team player with plenty of experience in PR and social media and an understanding of how vital the role is to income generation. You will be responsible for co-ordinating campaigns across various communication platforms and be proactive in seeking opportunities to increase the profile of the charity. The role is a very varied one and involves working across departments and on many projects at any given time. In return we offer a positive working environment, a competitive salary and a generous holiday entitlement as well as the satisfaction that you are helping to keep Cornwall’s Air Ambulance flying.
Main Duties include:
- Researching and writing press releases and distributing to targeted selections of local, national and trade media
- Design and implementation of social media and digital marketing campaigns
- Organising and overseeing external media opportunities including photoshoots, PR visits and filming opportunities; managing stakeholder relationships
- Overseeing the creation of digital content for the charity, including videos and photography
- Building and maintaining relationships with local and trade media and maintaining an up to date media list for press release distribution
- Maintaining an up to date media coverage portfolio
- Responding to media enquiries and acting as a lead spokesperson for the charity
- Proactively developing media opportunities for the charity
Design and Marketing
- Concepts, copywriting and design of all printed material, including newsletters, advertising, banners, posters, flyers and other material as appropriate.
- Use of Adobe Creative Suite – primarily InDesign
- Overseeing the charity’s social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, linked In and Instagram
- Overseeing the charity website, including updating and creating pages and content as necessary
- Planning, developing and implementing the charity’s overall PR and marketing strategy, including digital marketing
- Developing and implementing PR and marketing strategies for individual fundraising campaigns and events in conjunction with other members of the team
- Reporting to the board on performance progress and future plans and attending the Income Generation committee
- Managing expenditure to a budget
Occasional secondment (around 4 days per year) to Association of Air Ambulances (AAA) Communications Subcommittee, and member of AAA Comms Committee press release work stream
Managing the PR relationship with external agencies/stakeholders for example the ambulance service, the Association of Air Ambulances (AAA) and our helicopter operator
Maintaining the charity’s operations database, producing monthly reports, mission maps and statistics and providing the media with a summary press release of our operational activity.
- Enthusiasm and a passion for CAAT and our work, a motivating team member to work with, and team fit within our culture.
- A natural flair for writing accurate, informative and topical copy in a style appropriate to the reading audience
- Proven ability in design and use of design software using MAC and PC programmes, spreadsheets, database software and web content management software
- Experience in managing an organisation’s online presence, dealing with the immediacy of social media and experience in the use of CMS
- Confidence in communication, experience of being an official spokesperson, public speaking, and presentations to groups
- Track record of working to performance related targets
- Ability to self-start and prioritise workload, be organised and plan well in a fast paced environment
- Full UK Driving License
- Able to work flexibly with some evening/weekend work
- Ability to use CRM database (or willingness to learn how to use one)
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant subject
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in PR
- Wider IT knowledge, ability to solve common IT issues in house
- Experience of working in the charity sector
- Experience in digital fundraising
- CIPR qualifications/and or training
- Experience of working with volunteers