Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Salary: circa £65K
Solent Mind is the leading mental health charity across Hampshire. For more than 50 years they have been working to ensure that anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support. They are seeking to appoint a new Chief Executive from March 2107 when their current Chief Executive, after 20 years in post, is moving on to new challenges.
The last six years have seen significant growth for Solent Mind and they now have revenue of more than £5m, employing 200 staff and working with over 100 volunteers. Based in Southampton they have offices across Hampshire, and serve people of all ages through a range of high quality services many of which they deliver in partnership with other organisations.
The charity has a wealth of mental health expertise within the organisation and are at the forefront of building partnerships to deliver high-quality services. They have a commitment to ensuring that people with lived experience share the power to design, deliver and lead mental health services.
Key responsibilities include:
· Lead Solent Mind’s business strategy to secure and deliver contracts for an increasing range of high quality mental health services
· Promote the highest quality of mental health provision and work with other agencies to achieve this
· Lead and inspire the SMT and provide leadership to staff and volunteers in delivering services
· Drive the development and sustainability of Solent Mind, with an emphasis on generating new income streams and increasing fund-raising to ensure the continued provision of mental health services
· Ensure that the charity is well placed to identify and respond to future demands and opportunities
· Deliver Solent Mind’s strategic objectives in line with organisational values
· Plan, organise and manage the day-to-day operations and resources of Solent Mind and its subsidiaries
· Advise and support the Board on its legal and financial responsibilities and lead the development of its strategic plans
· Promote and market Solent Mind as a provider of research, training and consultancy services
· Contribute to the ongoing development of the service and to best practice
The successful candidate will be a leader who shares the charity’s values and has strong commercial acumen, alongside an understanding of mental health issues, an ability to think strategically and to create and sustain partnerships. Thorough knowledge of quality and value systems relevant to health and social care is essential as well as a good understanding of health policy, politics, economics and the changing roles in the health and care sectors. You will have a high degree of personal and professional credibility and demonstrate a facilitative and inclusive management style with the ability to be robust when required.
To apply for this rewarding opportunity, please e-mail your CV and Supporting Statement to Jenny Warner, MD, Charisma Charity Recruitment. All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 1609-16