Grants & Philanthropy Fundraiser
Closing date: Monday 16 February 2015 (Midnight)
We’re looking for an experienced, results-driven Grants & Philanthropy Fundraiser to play a pivotal role in our Major Gifts fundraising team.
Shelter has invested considerably in our Fundraising division, in order to generate significant and sustainable growth over a five-year period. In 2012/13, the first year of our new strategy, the division exceeded its target, raising over £26m. We will continue to grow each year until 2017, when the gross income of the division is projected to reach almost £40m.
We have a strong track record of securing funds from trusts and the Big Lottery Fund. In the last two years we have been particularly successful in winning lottery funding, securing more grants at higher values than ever before. In order to sustain our rapid growth we have developed a bold trusts and lottery fundraising strategy.
As a Grants & Philanthropy Fundraiser you will have ample opportunity to impress as you help us realise our ambitious aims, taking lead responsibility for a broad portfolio of work comprising both existing and prospective supporters, and meeting agreed financial targets.
Benefits include 30 days' annual leave, the possibility of flexible working and significant opportunities for learning and development.
Your key responsibilities:
- Managing a portfolio of existing multi-year grants
- Retaining and developing Shelter's current trust supporters, using a relationship-driven approach
- Researching new trust prospects and securing their support
- Planning, writing and co-ordinating new applications to the Big Lottery Fund for priority projects
- Identifying and researching fundable elements of Shelter's work, and producing information in a suitable format for funders.
And what you’ll need:
- Experience of obtaining funds from trusts / lottery, or similar bodies
- A background developing highly personalised relationships with funders, recognising their needs and utilising a range of techniques
- Confident communication skills and a personable, professional approach
- Strong IT skills, including a familiarity with Raiser's Edge or similar fundraising database
- Plenty of initiative, determination and impressive problem-solving skills.
For further information about the role, the benefits of working for Shelter and to apply please visit our website.
At Shelter, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness – and we campaign to prevent it in the first place.
We’re here so no-one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
No agencies please.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Housing & Homelessness Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Marketing Housing & Homelessness Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- PR & Communications Housing & Homelessness Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Major Donor/ Gifts Housing & Homelessness Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Trusts & Foundations Housing & Homelessness Full Time jobs in London (Central)