Brand and Communications Manager
This is a hugely exciting and crucial time for a new Brand & Communications Manager to come on board at HOPEHIV. We are at a point of real acceleration and multiplication in our work in Africa, and also at a pivotal moment in our fundraising and communications here in the UK. We seek an experienced communications professional to lead us through the roll-out of a rebrand, the communications launch around one of our most exciting programme implementations to date, and the communication campaign around HOPEHIV’s 15th birthday this year.
The successful candidate will have 4+ years’ experience of work, either inside or outside of the third sector, and a proven ability to develop successful communications strategies and campaigns. They will also have a strong understanding of the role and purpose of brand, and the fundamentals of brand building. Ideally, they will have experience of writing applications and reports to Trusts and Foundations or at least transferable similar experience of generating new business or income. They will be used to working on a variety of projects simultaneously and be enthusiastic about taking on a diverse workload. They will be a flexible team player, happy as part of a small team, reporting to HOPEHIV’s Head of Fundraising and CEO, and working with the Fundraising Manager.
There will also be the opportunity to visit our projects in Africa, which will play a significant role both in learning and content gathering.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working alongside our Head of Fundraising to develop brand and communications strategy.
- Working alongside our Head of Fundraising to generate, develop and deliver innovative and effective fundraising campaigns.
- Being a brand guardian, ensuring all activity and communication is on brand.
- Devising and managing our communications plan, and managing our communications budget.
- Developing our Trusts and Foundations income channel, including writing effective applications and reports.
- Creating engaging content for both online and offline communications channels, including writing copy, and effective use of video and images.
- Strategically managing and developing our website and social media presence.
- Managing the design and production of communications materials through external providers, while designing and creating smaller scale materials in-house.
- Exploring the potential of engaging media coverage, and writing press releases accordingly.
- Monitoring success and capturing learnings of communications campaigns.
- Providing ad-hoc communications guidance and content when needed by the fundraising team.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and knowledge:
- Ability to work well independently, managing multiple priorities and a busy schedule.
- Excellent written communication skills: writing compelling content for campaigns, often simplifying large amounts of complicated, technical information into engaging narrative and clear reportage.
- Excellent verbal communications skills: productive conversations and public speaking.
- Good proficiency with MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Ability to use design software at a basic level, e.g. Desktop Publisher, Adobe, InDesign.
- Good proficiency in the digital space, e.g. WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube.
- Ideally, ability to use video editing software at a basic level, e.g. Movie Maker, Sony Vegas.
The successful candidate will bring the following experience to the role:
- Brand and communications strategy
- Communications planning
- Communication campaign idea generation and execution
- Creation of effective communications material, including writing copy
- Use of films, photos and stories to engage and inspire
- Application and report-writing (ideally to trusts and foundations)
- Writing press releases and engaging media coverage
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- Creative and innovative
- ‘Can do’ attitude and flexibility
- Confident and determined
- Team player and relational
- Organised and attention to detail
- Proactive and initiative taker
This is a full-time contract for immediate employment. The role is primarily office based with standard working hours.
To apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years old or over.
- Be permitted to work in the UK.
- Be sympathetic to HOPEHIV’s visions and values.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are to email the following documents to HOPEHIV’s Office Coordinator, Sophie Newsham (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- CV, including two references with their current email addresses and telephone numbers.
- Covering letter, addressed to HOPEHIV’s Head of Fundraising, Kasia Morgan detailing your motivation in applying and why you think you would be suitable for the role.