Islamic Relief UK
Contact: Mr Ahmed Chowdhury
16 Lower Marsh
Tel: 020 7593 3232
About Islamic Relief UK
Islamic Relief’s Mission
Exemplifying our Islamic values, we will mobilise resources, build partnerships, and develop local capacity, as we work to:
- Enable communities to mitigate the effect of disasters, prepare for their occurrence and respond by providing relief, protection and recovery.
- Promote integrated development and environmental custodianship with a focus on sustainable livelihoods
- Support the marginalised and vulnerable to voice their needs and address root causes of poverty.
"And those in whose wealth is a recognised right; for the needy who asks and those who are deprived" - Qur’an 70:24-25
What is Islamic Relief?
Islamic Relief (IR) is an international relief and development charity which envisages a caring world where people unite to respond to the suffering of others, empowering them to fulfil their potential. We are an independent Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) founded in the UK in 1984 by Dr Hany El-Banna, Dr Essam El-Haddad, Dr Mohammed El-Alfy and Dr Ihsan Shabib.
What does Islamic Relief do?
Working in over 30 countries, we promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities to eradicate poverty, illiteracy and disease. We also respond to disasters and emergencies, helping people in crisis.
Islamic Relief provides support regardless of religion, ethnicity or gender and without expecting anything in return.
Islamic Relief works in six main sectors:
- Sustainable Livelihoods
- Health and Nutrition
- Orphans and Child Welfare
- Water and Sanitation
- Emergency Relief & Disaster Preparedness
1 job with Islamic Relief UK
Islamic Relief UK is looking for a Major Gifts Manager to join us as we go through a period of exciting growth and change. You will develop, implem...