COMMUNITY ACTION: MK
About COMMUNITY ACTION: MK
At Community Action: MK we believe in a society where people are active and engaged in their community. We believe that the good society cannot exist without a healthy, thriving Voluntary and Community Sector.
A vibrant Voluntary and Community Sector deserves a strong voice and the best support. Community Action: MK aims to be that support and voice.
At Community Action: MK we believe:
- That Voluntary and Community action is at the heart of a good society.
- A good society promotes fairness and social justice; where people are inspired to make a positive difference to their communities.
- Voluntary and Community organisations play a vital role in facilitating local action, creating opportunities for people to participate in community life and to support each other and to have a real say in the decisions that affect their lives everyday.
- Volunteers are the life blood of a good society. People across communities should be supported and encouraged to actively engage with and support the causes and organizations that they believe in.
- Individual and community wellbeing is enhanced through the 5 themes of Connecting, Being Active, Taking Notice, Keeping Learning, and Giving.
Community Action:MK answers enquires for and about the voluntary and community sector in Milton Keynes. We also provide information about all aspects of running a voluntary or community group, and can signpost you to other support.
Community Action:MK also provides information and support about the city’s growth, and will be looking to support the new communities moving into the city.
Community Action:MK provides advice and support on setting up, managing and developing your voluntary or community group. We can work with you on a 1:1 basis, or can get you linked in with local training and events.
We give advice on ‘getting fit for funding’, forward planning and good governance. We also offer a free monthly legal clinic which can support you on a range of issues.
Community Action:MK gives groups the opportunity to meet with each other through a series of popular networking events. We also run themed events and focus groups to help to you to get involved with new areas of work or projects.
Community Action:MK works in partnership with other voluntary and community groups, public sector bodies and private organisations to enable people to play an active part in their community.
We also support some local voluntary-sector partnerships, and are interested in getting groups to look at how they can work better with each other
Working for Change
Community Action:MK works to influence the development of policies that affect the voluntary and community sector. We look to get the views of the sector and feed them into public service agencies so the sector has a voice
In Your Community
Community Mobilisers (CMs) support people to have a voice in their community. They work with agencies and schools, enabling volunteers to play a role in decision making, signposting to training, and creating sustainable ways to contribute and enjoy life in the places they live.