Wonderful Workplaces: JDRF
Published: 18 Jan 2018 By JDRF
Karen Addington, chief executive at JDRF, offers insider insight into what it's like to work for the type 1 diabetes charity and the fundraising director role it's recruiting for.
Karen Addington, chief executive, JDRF
JDRF's international type 1 diabetes programme is world-leading and gives the charity opportunities beyond those that a UK specific programme could offer.
The charity is currently recruiting for a director of fundraising to lead its fundraising team and deliver in excess of £8 million year on year, as well as work towards its medium term goal of generating £10 million in voluntary income.
In our exclusive interview on Thirdsector.co.uk, as part of our Wonderful Workplaces campaign, we spoke to Karen Addington, chief executive at JDRF, to find out:
- What makes JDRF a unique place to work?
- What exciting projects are they working on?
- What the director of fundraising role involves
- What kind of people they're looking for
- What challenges might you face in the role?
- Why would someone want to work for JDRF?
- Opportunities for career development
(This job vacancy has now expired)