Third Sector is now calling for entries for a very special new award intended to recognise the very best up-and-coming fundraising talent in the charity sector.
Entries for Fundraisers: The New Generation 2017 awards are open to junior, mid-level and senior fundraisers. Entrants may be of any age, but they must not have worked in the fundraising sector for more than three years. Fundraisers working for agencies may also enter. These awards are free to enter.
What are the judges looking for?
We are looking to identify the best newcomers to the fundraising profession. These are the individuals who have the potential to become the great fundraisers and leaders of the fundraising profession in the next decade.
This is not about how senior you are in your current role, or how great your responsibilities are – it is about what you want to achieve for your profession and your chosen causes, and why you want to achieve those things.
So in your 500-word entry, we want you to tell us:
1. Why did you choose to become a fundraiser?
2. What do you consider to be your proudest moment as a fundraiser so far?
3. How have you contributed to the success of your team? (If you’re a sole fundraiser, your team can include your non-fundraising colleagues; or, if you work at an agency or are a consultant, your clients).
4. What do you want to achieve five years from now?
5. What changes do you want to see in the fundraising sector?
In addition to the written entry, we’d like entrants to supply a short video (of no more than 1:30 mins) telling us about themselves and what they have achieved. You may wish to include contributions from your manager, colleagues or even beneficiaries. Clips from the videos will be used on the night of the drinks reception.
A total of 25 winners will be selected by our expert panel of judges. Finalists will be invited to a drinks reception in central London on the evening of 22 May.
Requirements for entry:
- Job title
- Charity/company name
- Annual income of charity/company
- Length of service as fundraiser (maximum of three years)
- 500-word entry (see criteria above)
- 1:30 mins video (optional)
Please register your entry here.
Date: Monday 22 May 2017
Venue: Watch this space
Time: 5:30pm – 7:30pm
Entry Criteria: Entrants to this award must have less than three years experience