Our charity, Mindfulness in Schools Project, is the most established provider of mindfulness training for schools, delivering world-leading curricula for classroom-based mindfulness. Our materials are based on rigorous research in clinical psychology and neuroscience, written by teachers for teachers, and used successfully in a wide range of educational contexts. www.mindfulnessinschools.org
Over the past ten years we have established our reputation for providing the gold standard of mindfulness training and materials for the class room. We now have exciting plans in place to reach many more young people with our ‘A Million Minds Matter’ Appeal which is underway for 2019 and beyond. Our Board is seeking three new Trustees from the education sector, financial sector or with communications/fundraising backgrounds who can provide their expert advice to help steer the charity through this important time of growth and outreach. A Trustee role on our Board will give you the opportunity to deliver a genuinely valued contribution, strengthening and developing our fantastic charity as part of our talented, committed and enthusiastic team.
We will be holding interviews in Tonbridge in March 2019. Please apply with a covering letter and CV to Chivonne Preston, our Chief Executive Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
We very much forward to hearing from you.
The Trustee of Charity (Registered Number 1168992)
and a Director of Company (No: 07038233 Limited by Guarantee)
- Ensure compliance with the objects and purpose of the charity with its Articles of Association
- Approve the vision, values and strategic direction of the charity
- Approve targets and plans to achieve the charity's objectives and monitor performance against them
- Oversee the financial affairs of the charity and ensure that they are compliant with the governing documents, legal and regulatory guidelines and accepted accounting practice for a registered company and charity
- Monitor and report on the overall financial health of the charity.
- Ensure the charity complies with all relevant legislation, regulations and requirements of charity law
- Ensure confidentiality of personal and other sensitive information concerning individuals and restricted information.
- Ensure the effective and efficient management of the charity.
- Actively promote and support the fundraising and business development of the Charity
- Liaise with the Executive team to support the Charity’s activities as required
- Make every possible effort to attend meetings of the Board and any relevant Committee or other such meetings
- Contribute actively to the Board’s role in giving clear strategic directions, raising funds, setting overall policy, defining goals and evaluating performance.
- Give adequate time and energy to the duties of being a trustee, using skills, networks, relationships and experience to the benefit the charity
- Act as an Ambassador for the charity
Trustee person specification
- Strategic vision
- Good, independent judgement
- Ability to think creatively
- Demonstrable leadership skills, including an ability to negotiate, influence or persuade
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Willingness and ability to work effectively as a member of the team, including being able to devote the necessary time and effort to build relationships with other Board members and the Executive team
- Willingness to be available to staff for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis
- Commitment, integrity, objectivity and accountability to MiSP
- To attend all Board of Trustee Meetings (currently 4 half days per year on a weekday in Tonbridge or in London)
- To be willing to attend other meetings as may be required from time to time, such as the conferences, events, or ad hoc working group meetings (allow 1 full day and 4 half days per year)
To be willing to discuss charity matters with other Board members or with the Executive team by telephone occasionally
Apply for Charity Trustee
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly