Major Donor & Legacies Manager
- Contract Type
The National Holocaust Centre and Museum (NHCM) is the only organisation dedicated to Holocaust remembrance and education in the UK and it plays a unique role as a memorial, a museum, a place of testimony, and of learning. Our educational programmes have national significance, we have ambitious plans to redevelop the museum site and we have developed new, unique interactive exhibitions that have attracted support from major institutions in the UK.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
- Develop and implement a refreshed major donor strategy for NHCM. This will include: prospect cultivation and management, developing solicitation plans, building funding proposals, planning and managing major donor meetings and events and supporting and leading high-level ‘asks’.
- Implement a prospect pipeline and manage major supporters and major donor prospects.
- Systematically grow the Centre’s network of long-term donors and benefactors, generating income to ensure the Centre’s on-going sustainability, fund new projects and contribute to the successful delivery of a major redevelopment of the museum site.
- Personally manage a portfolio of donors giving, or with the potential to give, major gifts and legacies primarily through face to face meetings, telephone contact and personal correspondence.
- Build, develop and deliver a first-class account management system for individual major donors and legacy supporters.
STRATEGY IMPLEMENTATION AND PLANNING
- Undertake an audit of the Centre’s supporter database to identify and research major donor and legacy giving prospects and insights.
- Using research tools, create major donor profiles to inform case for support and stewardship plans.
- Initiate and manage a programme of events including developing strategies to cultivate HNWIs and legacy giving prospects.
- Manage project visits and other donor cultivation events as appropriate.
- Identify and develop necessary systems and processes to support the growth of major donor income.
INCOME GENERATION AND DONOR STEWARDSHIP
- Using the database and our network of staff, trustees and supporters, identify, research, approach and cultivate new and existing prospects.
- Provide briefings for NHCM representatives involved in meetings or events with major donors. Work with colleagues, trustees and supporters to facilitate secure personal introductions and meetings with prospects.
- Working with the Director of Development, identify suitable projects within the charity’s plan to build cases for support and wish lists for new and existing donors. Create tailored presentation materials to evidence need and personal, timely reports to evidence impact.
- Develop and implement donor care and stewardship programmes. This will include, but not limited to individual donor care plans, written communications and reports, face to face meetings and a programme of events and visits.
- Identify and manage the coordination of acknowledgement and recognition opportunities.
- Lead negotiations and secure income from Major Donors, ensuring all parties are involved internally and externally and all are in full agreement with commitments on both sides.
- Develop and manage relationships with new and existing major donors, trustees and influential stakeholders to ensure successful solicitation of major gifts, repeat gifts and increased value gifts.
- Work closely with the Director of Development, CEO, trustees, staff and existing supporters to map and build on their networks and mobilise introductions / asks.
- Work across the organisation to identify relevant prospects, co-ordinate approaches and steward donors appropriately.
- Establish and maintain a thorough data management system to track and record communications with prospects and donors.
- Create clear, relevant and timely proposals and report documents for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with other departments at the Centre, including educational and curatorial staff, to ensure effect liaison regarding projects supported by major donors.
- Build and develop cross-organisation relationships to facilitate fundraising and strengthen the organisation’s understanding of the Major Donor format and function.
REPORTING AND BUDGETS OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Work with the Director of Development to agree annual major donor and legacy income and expenditure targets and set out appropriate activity plans to ensure these targets are met or exceeded.
- Prepare phased budgets and reforecasts in line with activity plans and progress to ensure the value and timing of planned restricted and unrestricted income to the Centre is accurate.
- Prepare monthly fundraising reports for the Director of Development.
- Ensure major donor and legacy giving function adheres to Institute of Fundraising best practice, and relevant fundraising and data protection legal requirements.
- Maintain and further develop the data capture requirements for the fundraising CRM database in line with agreed protocols and procedures.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties to support the work of The Centre;
- Comply with corporate policy and procedure at all times;
- Some out-of-office hour’s work will be required as will regular travel within the UK.
Apply for Major Donor & Legacies Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly