Fundraising and Marketing Director
6 days left
- Contract Type
Job title: Fundraising and Marketing Director
Job purpose: This leads the charity’s fundraising and marketing activity. It ensures the effective mobilisation of resources to enable the organisation to achieve its goals and activities. It leads on ensuring marketing activities are tailored to this end and reflect the organisation’s brand.
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours/week. Part time hours can be considered
Location: MapAction’s Offices in Saunderton, Buckinghamshire
Salary: £37,500 to £40,000 per annum (FTE)
Contract: This is a permanent position
Responsible to: Chief Executive
MapAction (www.mapaction.org) is a leading humanitarian mapping charity. It deploys skilled volunteers to international humanitarian emergencies to map priority needs. This mapped information helps responders target their response effectively, contributing to saving lives and minimising suffering.
MapAction has built a strong reputation in the humanitarian sector and is a technical partner of the United Nations. The charity has attracted funding from UK Government (DFID), EU and other major donors. HRH Prince Henry of Wales has been the charity’s patron since 2007.
The charity is mid-way through a five-year strategy which aims to double its capacity to respond to humanitarian emergencies. This requires a significant scale-up of income-generating activity with the aim of raising over £1 million by 2019). In support of this, MapAction has recently updated its brand identity, marketing materials and website to attract new supporters. An additional post (Marketing and Communications Coordinator) will be recruited once the Director role is in place to support the additional activity.
The role is key in leading the charity’s fundraising activity. It ensures the effective mobilisation of resources to enable the organisation to achieve its goals and objectives. It leads on ensuring marketing activities are tailored to this end reflecting and communicating the organisation’s brand as it does so.
- Head of Institutional Partnerships (statutory funders and trusts & foundations)
- Marketing and Communications Coordinator part time (to be recruited)
- Fundraising and Marketing Assistant part time (community & events)
A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION CAN BE DOWNLOADED BELOW.
- This role is full time (37.5 hours per week) but could be considered for part-time work.
- Must have the right to live and work in the UK (MapAction is unable to consider candidates who do not already hold appropriate permissions)
- The job holder will be required to work from the MapAction offices in Saunderton, near High Wycombe.
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside office hours including evening and weekends, attending occasional weekend training events.
- Note: this is a specialist function in a small, highly specialised operationally focused charity. An appreciation of, and affinity with, the humanitarian purpose of the charity is essential.
- Must have a full, clean driving licence and drive own car.
Equal Opportunities Policy
MapAction is an Equal Opportunities employer. All employees have a personal responsibility to promote and support measures designed to create a working environment which is free from harassment or discrimination on the grounds of gender, marital status, family status, age, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, membership of the Travelers community or HIV&AIDS status.
How to apply?
Please send your CV and a covering letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 9.00am on Tuesday 2 May 2017. Interviews will be held on Thursday 11 May 2017. For further discussion regarding the content of this role, please call Liz Hughes, Chief Executive on 01494 568 899.
Apply for Fundraising and Marketing Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly