Fundraising & Digital Marketing Assistant
Be part of Team Rescue and come and work for a growing dynamic group of fundraisers and marketing professionals dedicated to rescuing animals from cruelty and suffering around the world.
International Animal Rescue (IAR) is a charity based in Uckfield, East Sussex, committed to animal welfare and conservation. At IAR we do exactly what our name says: we save animals from suffering around the world. We cut free dancing bears in India, rescue orangutans in Indonesia and treat stray dogs and cats around the world - and so much more. Whenever we can, we release rescued animals back into the wild; and when that's not possible, we give them a safe haven for life.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is inspired and motivated by the work of IAR, who will provide support for the fundraising and marketing team to develop and increase its income, taking this vitally important work to the next level. If this is you, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for someone who can assist the small but growing fundraising and marketing team who likes to make things happen. This is a junior role and may suit somebody with a specific interest in fundraising and/or digital marketing who is passionate about animal welfare and conservation. We are committed to welcoming people from the widest possible diversity of background, culture and experience.
Application process: email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put Fundraising and Digital Marketing Assistant as the email subject
Job Description – Roles and Responsibilities
- To support the creation of fresh and exciting content that will be used to promote the work of IAR on its digital platforms including our website and social media pages.
- To assist in the growth of community fundraising as a tool to engage with our supporters.
- To support the day to day engagement with our social media audience.
- To manage the archiving of digital content including photographs and videos.
- To support the promotion of legacy marketing to our supporter base.
- To assist the Development Director with correspondence to, and research of prospective majors donors.
- To provide support to all the team for supporter fulfilment, sending letters, adoption packs and other correspondence where necessary.
- To support development of new fundraising initiatives & income streams.
- To help the team, where necessary, to create informative reports and analysis of its marketing and fundraising activity.
- Providing day to day support to the fundraising and marketing team.
- Experience of social media marketing to help us build and nurture an audience.
- Experience of developing community based initiatives and activities with an online audience.
- Experience of effective communication with stakeholders and customers/supporters of an organisation
- Experience of cataloguing information and content including photographs and video.
- Experience of creating effective and exciting content to help support the marketing of an organisation
- Experience of email marketing campaigns and the use of email delivery systems such as Mailchimp
- Experience of undertaking effective research and producing effective and informative recommendations.
- Experience of working effectively within a small and highly motivated team.
Abilities & Competencies
- Meticulous, attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good writing skills & Numerically proficient.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
- Able to work well as part of a team.
- Able to develop and maintain excellent relationships with supporters.
- IT literate, good administrative skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- A creative thinker who is able to add value to a small team.
- A passion for animal welfare and conservation.
- Flexible approach and adaptable to working in a small cross-functional team.
- Willing and able to occasionally carry out other tasks for IAR as and when required.
- Ability to prioritise conflicting demands; able to work with team members to share, motivate and influence; creative thinker, with a ‘Can Do’ attitude; desire to use initiative and seek continuous improvement.