Office and IT Manager
Job Title: Office and IT Manager
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week
Salary Scale: £21,000 - £27,000
Location: 4-8 Ludgate Circus, London EC4 (move to Waterloo imminent)
Responsible to: Operations Director
Drive Forward Foundation (www.driveforwardfoundation.com) is an award-winning London based charity whose mission is to ensure that every young care-leaver achieves their full potential. Last year we worked with 350 extraordinary young people, empowering them to change their lives around. Our vision is to unlock potential, broaden horizons, break down barriers and create new routes to employment for one of society’s most let down and socially excluded groups.
We are partnered with 35 incredible corporates and run a constantly changing programme of events and opportunities for our clients, from film-making courses to a weekly lunch club.
The Office Administrator is one of the most important roles in our small, friendly team. Not only will you have rewarding frontline experience interacting with Drive Forward clients, you will also work closely with every member of staff and will be the friendly face (and voice at the end of the phone!) of Drive Forward’s central London home.
The dynamic environment of this charity calls for a flexible, sociable individual who can think on their feet and has exceptional attention to detail. As you will lead on such a wide variety of functions (including DFF’s IT), strong organisational and established IT skills are essential.
We welcome applications from empathetic, organised individuals.
In any one day you could find yourself: orienting a new joiner, setting up a colleague with a laptop/phone, helping out a young person plan their journey home, managing our database or taking part in a workshop on Childhood Trauma led by a psychologist.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage maintenance of business premises and other facilities to adhere to the organisation’s Health and Safety requirements
- Petty Cash for young people and staff - ensuring the correct administration of process, including timely requisitions for additional cash needed, and predicting DFF’s programmes and events to ensure disbursements are available when required.
- Organise staff meetings, producing agendas and minutes and responsibility for following up on action points
- Answering telephone calls and relaying messages
- Assisting and upskilling members of staff on IT software and organisational skills
- Manage office supplies, prepare estimates of expenditure, maintain inventory controls and make recommendations to management
- Keep records of staff training and development, to source appropriate training as directed and to prepare future training forecasts
- Conduct orientation programmes for new employees
- Management of company asset register
- Management of policies and procedures
- Gift Aid – to maintain an annual list of eligible donations and to present to Director annually to reclaim
- Be able to manage backup process of staff computers and documents
- Be the Administrator for the cloud based Office 365 service. This is a server-based role.
- Be able to provide a researched plan for the purchase of IT software and equipment. This will involve installation, maintenance and warranties.
- Administration of Microsoft Licensing and product keys.
- Installation of application software and hardware
- Management of Cloud based services
- Manage Data Protection requirements
Please see below to apply