Location: Citizens Advice Stevenage
Hours: 4 days per week (30 hours)
Contract: Fixed term until 31st March 2018 with possibility of extension
Reporting to: Advice Services Manager
Start date: Immediate
Salary: £22,964 pro rata
Holiday allowance: 32 days per year inclusive of bank holidays
Citizens Advice Stevenage provide free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.
About the role
As Outreach Caseworker you will provide a full Citizens Advice service covering all other areas of generalist advice at various outreach locations in the town.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Ability to commit to, and work within, the aims, principles and policies of the Citizens Advice service, as well as the values of Citizens Advice Stevenage.
- Ability to, and experience of, working as a caseworker with clients.
- Effective writing skills with particular emphasis on negotiating, representing and preparing reviews, reports and correspondence.
- Understand the issues involved in interviewing clients.
- Demonstrate understanding of social trends and their implications for clients and service provision.
How to apply
For more information and to apply, please click on the Apply button.
We are looking to complete recruitment for the role as soon as possible, and as a result this is an open ended application until we find the right candidate for the role. We therefore reserve the right to stop accepting applications at any time.
Citizens Advice Stevenage is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all applicants who meet the person specification irrespective of sex, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, age, or disability