Senior Digital Fundraising Executive – Community & Events
12 month fixed term contract
Closing date: 02 April 2017 (at Midnight)
We’re looking for a results-driven individual with a digital marketing background to join us as a Digital Fundraising Executive – Community & Events and help identify, maximise and deliver the digital aspects of our community and events activities, including Urban and Vertical rush, Gimme Shelter, Glastonbury and many more.
Part of a 50 strong Fundraising Division, our Digital Fundraising team develops new routes for fundraising through digital products and content marketing. It also provides a centre of excellence through digital fundraising leadership, mentoring and training. The team’s aim is to equip our fundraising teams with the tools and skills they need to support their plans through digital means, thus allowing us to significantly grow the income that supports our mission. Community & Events (C&E) has been identified as a particularly key area for development and expansion, and it’s here that we need your expertise.
Benefits include 30 days' annual leave, significant opportunities for learning and development, and the possibility of flexible working.
Your key responsibilities:
- Working collaboratively with the C&E team and other digital fundraising colleagues to support high profile campaigns and help further develop community and events strategies and operations via digital means
- Managing the online community day-to-day, with a view to keeping existing supporters engaged and optimising their potential as influencers
- Providing us with a more integrated cross functional approach to digital fundraising and improving our marketing an online functions level of digital expertise
- Scoping requirements, developing content plans, promoting cross-divisional opportunities, championing a digital community of events supporters and generally developing the digital side of our events activities.
And what you’ll need:
- Experience of digital marketing across all channels in a customer engagement environment and working on fundraising led partnership development or similar commercial activities
- A proven ability to work on innovative and high profile digital campaigns and develop proposals, take part in pitches and present to senior management
- A proactive approach, commercial awareness, lots of creativity and innovation and the ability to act appropriately upon the diverse needs of our customers and build solid relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- A flair for challenging the status quo and looking for ways of improving, as well as explaining the need for change and encouraging others to accept it.
For further information about the role and the benefits of working for Shelter please download the job description.
Shelter is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of clients, in particular children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
At Shelter, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through our advice, support and legal services. And we campaign to make sure that, one day, no one will have to turn to us for help.
We’re here so no one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
Shelter does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.