Director, Development and Alumni Relations
As New Zealand’s oldest and leading university, the University of Otago wishes to appoint a new Director, Development and Alumni Relations. The Director will develop and execute a comprehensive strategy around its development and alumni relations activities.
The University of Otago is a university offering programs in the Arts and Humanities, Business, Science and Health Sciences and prides itself on its excellent international research reputation. The University is also particularly well-known for its residential college culture, creating a vibrant and dynamic environment and leaving its graduates with lasting memories of their time at the University. Graduates from the University go on to successful careers all over the world.
Reporting to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, External Engagement, the Director will be leading two key areas: Development and Alumni Relations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Development and implementation of strategies to foster long-term mutually beneficial relationships between the University of Otago and its graduates, corporations, foundations and the broader community.
- Attraction of philanthropic support to enhance the University's teaching and research excellence.
- Leadership and management of the core operational aspects of the Development and Alumni Relations Office.
Applicants will demonstrate:
- A proven track record of leading successful fundraising programs, preferably within the Higher Education sector, but interest from other sectors, such as the Arts or Health is also welcome.
- Significant work experience in development, advancement and/or alumni relations.
- Proven ability to lead a team effectively, efficiently, and with vision.
As a strategic and visionary leader, you will possess appropriate communication and interpersonal skills to both persuade and inspire a variety of stakeholders internally and externally. Your collegial approach will encourage close cooperation and team work with other relevant units in the University. Your experience in embedding a high-performance culture will ensure success in the role.
This role is based in Dunedin and will require significant amount of national and international travel.
All enquiries should be directed to our search partner, Academic Search International:
T: +64 9 3796900
Equal opportunity in employment is University policy.
E tautoko ana Te Whare Wananga o Otago i te kaupapa whakaorite whiwhinga mahi.