The Community Foundation for Staffordshire has grown considerably over the past 3 years and we are now looking for an experienced and dynamic professional to join our small but busy team. We’re looking for someone who has a proven track record in raising funds from HNWI and corporate clients. In order to apply, please download the application pack, which contains a copy of the job description, person specification and application form.
The closing date for applications for this post is Friday 14th April 2017. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 25th April 2017.
About The Community Foundation for Staffordshire
The Community Foundation for Staffordshire is a charity that provides services related to grant giving and philanthropic management. We aim to strengthen the local voluntary sector and communities across Staffordshire.
Main Purpose of Job
To instigate, cultivate and steward relationships with high net worth individuals and local business to generate financial support for the county of Staffordshire through The Community Foundation.
Position in Organisation
The Philanthropy Manager will report directly to the Chief Executive, and is part of the Endowment & Marketing board committee
Report to the Chief Executive
Attend meetings of the Endowments & Marketing sub-committee
Liaise across the organisation
Act as a representative and advocate of The Community Foundation
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementing and managing a fundraising strategy that will raise funds from individuals and businesses with the capacity to give gifts over £5,000 to support The Community Foundation’s overall target
- Influencing and negotiating externally to maximise gifts and advocacy from a pool of donors and high net worth individuals
- Stewarding important relationships towards agreed organisational goals
- Manage and develop engagement and cultivation strategies
- Responsible for influencing donors and potential donors to support and become advocates of The Community Foundation’s work, encouraging peer to peer fundraising where possible
- Responsible for working with the Grants Manager to create compelling proposals for funding
- Develop strong relationships with both donors and staff
- In conjunction with the Finance Manager maintain a strategy for ensuring effective and timely reporting to trusts and major donors
- Build strong effective working relationships with key contacts
- Take on other tasks, duties or projects commensurate with the general level of this post
It is in the nature of The Community Foundation that tasks and responsibilities are in many circumstances unpredictable and varied. Employees are expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises so that tasks that are not specifically covered in their job description are undertaken. These additional duties will normally be to cover unforeseen circumstances or changes in work and will normally be compatible with the regular type of work.
The following requirements will be assessed from a combination of information provided from the application form and interview process.
Education and qualifications
- Numerate and literate, with good standard of education
Skills and experience
- Experience of relationship fundraising and donor led campaigns with both individuals and corporate bodies
- Proven track record of securing high value donations from high net worth individuals
- Proven experience of donor engagement and cultivation strategies
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications and the internet
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good project management and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills and networking skills
- Ability to manage and develop relationships with donors
- Ability to identify and maximise funding opportunities
- Ability to analyse financial information and present it in an accessible format
Personal attributes / qualities
- Able to represent The Community Foundation both internally and externally
- Proactive, creative, self-motivated and target driven
- Able to show empathy for people from all parts of society
- Trustworthy, patient and a good relationship builder
- Enjoys working as part of a team but is able to work on own initiative
- Ability to act diplomatically at all levels
To apply please complete the application form and send a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can download the application pack by clicking here. You may also include an up to date copy of your CV.