Building & Projects Manager
- To prepare reports and outputs for funders including foundations, Historic England, Heritage Lottery Fund, private donors and for internal charity use.
- To claim grant drawdowns as soon as payment is properly due.
- Prepare Quarterly drafts claims for grant to Historic England and other funders including financial information and outputs.
- Maintain and update the database of donors and funders of repairs and restoration including running reports and exports to other software.
- Assist the Director, Accountant, Fundraiser maintain financial records of income and expenditure across the charity’s operations and support the preparation of grant claims to foundations and Historic England, among others.
- Ensure prompt processing of invoices and payments for building work, maintenance and services according to the charity’s financial guidelines and to monitor invoicing and payments of suppliers, builders, and consultants
- Bank cheques; maintain up to date budget monitors for income and expenditure projects for which the postholder is responsible and to input to quarterly management accounts prepared by the accountant
Repair & Maintenance of Historic Buildings
- Ensure maintenance and repairs spend is procured in line with the HCT policy and procurement guidelines including obtaining competitive tenders where there is no architect/surveyor instructed
- Prepare for review and signature briefs for work, appointments of builders, contractors, suppliers and building professionals.
- Ensure that all work is to the standard appropriate for listed buildings and in accordance with HCT’ s Asset Management Plan
- Obtain or instruct others to obtain listed building consent where necessary
- To manage delegated maintenance surveys by specialists that may include asbestos risks, legionella testing, fire safety compliance and inspections, PAT testing, tree safety, pest infestations, etc.
Management of the Charity
- Support the Director, Fundraiser (p/t freelance) and Accountant (p/t freelance) in running the charity.
- Maintaining records of grant awards and conditions, project management information, budgets and contractual arrangements in methodical, searchable electronic formats.
- Maintain an up-to-date shared online dairy on the HCT’s system
- To attend team meetings (face to face St Georges or online)
- Manage the diary of Annual Visits to chapels.
- To visit HCT’s buildings where necessary (expected to be an occasional requirement only)
Volunteers & Internal Communication
- Work alongside office volunteers in the HCT office
- Engage effectively with committees at HCT chapels who act on a voluntary basis as local champions and carers of our buildings.
- Contribute to clear communications and common purpose among volunteers, staff, Trustees, building contractors and professionals over a wide diversity of matters for example repairs, surveys, maintenance, events, weddings, meter readings, visits to the site and security alerts.
We are looking for someone with the following experience and aptitudes:
- Management experience in a small business or non-profit organisation, preferably with a historic building or building management focus
- Excellent numeric & language skills.
- ICT self-sufficient. Please do not apply unless you can fulfil these minimum criteria: up to date proficiency in all apps MS Office suite; proficiency in web-based research and social media; competence in document and report layout and processing; competence in basic photo and image manipulation.In addition, familiarity with Sage accounts and fundraising databases (HCT uses eTapestry in the Blackbaud suite) would mark you out.
- Available for early start
- Friendly, customer-facing attitude
- Willingness to staff the HCT office solo at certain times
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively with volunteers
- Sympathy with the charity’s objectives
All applications via the Third Sector portal by the closing date of April 14th 2017
Please attach as pdfs:
- concise CV – no more than two A4 pages please.
- a letter of not more than two A4 pages saying why you want the job and what your most relevant experience for the post is – please refer to the Person Specification above and make it clear in which post listed on your CV you gained the experience and aptitude referred to.
- Two referees, saying what their connection is to you - we will not contact them without asking you first.
- Confirmation of when you could start if appointed.
Apply for Building & Projects Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly