A leading NHS Health Organisation based in Berkshire, who are committed to driving for
The Bid Writer writer will have the following responsibilities;
- Supporting the Head of Strategic Development to appraise each tender/ investment case opportunity
- Providing expert knowledge on the aspects and processes associated with competitive tenders, liaising with the Trust's Head of Procurement to provide advice
- Ensuring tenders/cases are on track to meet deadlines, employing tight project management techniques
- Leading on bid/case preparation and writing, supporting operational and support staff across the Trust to create winning service and financial models, advising on winning strategies. This will require strong interpersonal and influencing skills as there will be a need to communicate highly complex and sensitive information, and a need to ensure material is produced by multiple contributors from across the Trust on time, meeting the bid/case requirements.
- Produce compelling and professionally presented documents and presentations, working with the Digital Designer as appropriate to produce high quality branded presentations and materials.
- To provide formal training, and informal coaching, to Service Managers across the Trust to support their involvement in the in the development and submission of bids for new business contracts.
- Horizon scanning for business opportunities, regularly monitoring tender sites and commissioning organisations' websites.
- Liaising with key stakeholders to assess business opportunities, supporting services and directors to understand and process highly complex market information to support business decisions
- Research developments in key competitors, identifying threats and opportunities and maintaining up to date market and competitor analyses. These will be available for others to access on TeamNet.
- To be responsible for the development of the directorate's business plan, which includes the organisation's marketing, communication, strategic planning, business development and equality & diversity functions.
- To work as a key member of the Strategic Development team, and the wider Strategic Planning and Business Development team, collaborating with and supporting other team members as appropriate to deliver the directorate's business plan.
The Bid Writer should have the following skill set;
- Can demonstrate evidence of writing compelling narrative, succinctly and accessibly presented
- Strong background within a leadership role - coordinating, delivering and winning bids and grants
- Demonstrable experience of establishing, organising and delivering each stage of winning bids for competitive contract tenders in the public sector
- Strong leadership and project management
- Ability to work with people at all levels within an organisation, adapting personal styles appropriately to achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to deliver highly complex market analysis.
- Experience of researching and analysing highly complex data, synthesising into succinct reports
- Experience of creating complex project plans, identifying and recording and maintaining risks and issues logs, and project progress reports
10 Month Contract
£20.00 - £28.00 per hour