Youth Specialist (Discipleship)
3 days left
- Contract Type
The Salvation Army is seeking a motivated and inspirational person to provide specialist expertise in the development and delivery of a Territorial Youth discipleship strategy – with specific responsibility for resourcing, equipping and inspiring young people in their discipleship journey.
Based at Territorial Headquarters in London, with peripatetic working, this post will deliver the following discipleship priorities:
- Promoting youth discipleship as a whole of life commitment
- Enabling young people to live out and share the gospel in their communities
- Identifying, developing and providing resources and training
- Prioritising soldiership as a radical expression of discipleship
To succeed you will need:
- current experience of working with young people, including development of discipleship programmes, training resources and initiatives
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- experience of harnessing social media platforms to further enhance youth discipleship
- excellent organisational and project management skills, ability to multi-task, creativity, initiative and attention to detail.
This role has an occupational requirement that the successful candidate must be a committed and practising Christian and will be in sympathy with the doctrines of, and supportive of, the purposes and the aims and objectives of The Salvation Army.
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays; a contributory pension scheme; season ticket loan; Childcare Voucher Scheme; an employee assistance programme
Appointment subject to satisfactory references and right to work in the UK.
Closing date: 2 April 2017.