Dementia Support Services Manager
To line manage Age UK Salford’s Dementia Support Service and actively work on developing a person centred operational model which provides a positive experience for people who use our services and makes best use of our collective resources.
Lead and manage the delivery of agreed priority projects, monitoring these in line with agreed timescales, reviewing the learning and reporting to the Executive Manager - Care on the value and difference such projects have made
To maintain and develop further the service to work across all community and neighbourhoods of Salford to provide a ‘peer’ and ‘personalised’ support programme for people with a diagnosis of dementia or memory problems.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To supervise, coach, develop and motivate the team to manage their resources and model expected attitudes and behaviours in order to achieve the aims and objectives of Age UK Salford.
- To be responsible for the first point of contact for all new referrals to Dementia Support Services, and to allocate referrals taking into account (a) consistent criteria (b) current capacity and workload (c) the most appropriate use of specific staff and their skills and attributes.
- In consultation with the Line manager to keep the range of services provided under review, to ensure (as far as possible) that there is a broad range of community services available to service users as part of the whole continuum of care offered by the service, reflecting the diversity of the community and respecting their individual needs for support.
To provide effective line management, supervision and support in accordance with Age UK Salford’s procedures to all staff and volunteers in the Dementia Support Service. Line management will be provided either directly by the post holder or by ensure that it is provided by other designated staff.
- To participate in the recruitment of staff, and to ensure that all staff receive an appropriate induction programme. To ensure that probationary reviews are carried out and appropriate action is taken to progress outcomes.
- To provide regular supervision and support, and an annual appraisal. To ensure that staff training needs (including those of the post holder) are assessed annually, reviewed regularly, and that access to appropriate training is provided.
- To take responsibility for disciplinary and grievance procedures at the relevant stage, in accordance with Age UK Salford’s procedures.
- To authorise staff and volunteer expenses at the appropriate level, in accordance with Age UK Salford’s procedures.
- To liaise with the volunteer co-ordinator to ensure that effective use is made of volunteers, and that volunteers are properly supported, appropriately managed, and provided with relevant training.
- To ensure that workloads are actively managed and equally apportioned, by monitoring service response times and waiting lists.
- To attend regular supervision and service planning meetings with the Line Manager and to participate in an annual appraisal.
In consultation with other senior staff, including Administration and Finance Department, to develop and maintain effective administrative reporting and financial control systems for the contract.
- To ensure that staff are aware of the procedure for recording relevant statistical and monitoring information.
- To use the information recorded to collate and prepare monthly statistical monitoring information for inclusion in reports to funders and other stakeholders.
- To ensure the production of an annual report containing all relevant information for submission to funders and other stakeholders.
- To assist the Line Manager in the preparation of annual budgets for the contract.
- To monitor monthly expenditure, to discuss variances from budget with the Line Manager, and to agree remedial action if required.
- To contribute to the production of bids and tender documents and negotiations to obtain new and renewal funding for existing work.
To work, strategically with other statutory and voluntary agencies to influence service planning, raising awareness of and promote the services of the team and of other Age UK Salford services. To proactively raise awareness of people living with dementia and carers, and campaign on behalf of both.
- To work in partnership with Social Services, Salford Clinical Commissioning Group, Memory Assessment and Treatment Service and other relevant local organisations. To attend in person or arrange the attendance of staff at any relevant external meetings or case reviews.
- To form and maintain links with other third sector organisations working in similar fields.
- To work at a strategic level promoting and developing the work of the team, taking advance of national and local policy initiatives.
- To maintain an awareness of the carers strategy and its relevance to the contract.
- To work with the Senior Management Team and University Academics to devise and complete an accredited piece of research in order to evaluate and evidence the value of Dementia Support Services.
To promote the widest possible involvement of people with dementia and their carers within the service including creating an environment which welcomes employees and volunteers living with dementia or memory problems.
To organise and manage peer support groups for people living with dementia and their carers.
- To oversee the provision of support delivered to people within the support groups.
- To ensure that any records relating to clients, social services, staff or financial are maintained accurately and that confidentiality is maintained.
- To ensure there are sufficient staff deployed at support groups to meet the needs of service users.
- To ensure that venues used for support groups meet the requirements of Health and safety regulations
Attend the regular meetings of Service Managers to maintain the formal communication link between Senior and Service Managers to ensure policy and procedural matters, development opportunities, campaigns and agreed projects are implemented and their progress reported back to the Senior Management Team.
Together with the Marketing and Communications Manager develop and manage the social media strategy and activity in order to promote Age UK Dementia Support Services
More jobs like this
- Full Time Social Care & Welfare Management jobs in Salford
- Full Time Social Care & Welfare Administration jobs in Salford
- Full Time Social Care & Welfare Finance & Legal jobs in Salford
- Full Time Social Care & Welfare Volunteer Recruitment & Management jobs in Salford
- Full Time Social Care & Welfare Volunteers jobs in Salford