Executive Manager Care Services
To line manage Age UK Salford’s care and support services and actively work on developing a person centred operational model which provides a positive experience for people who use our services and makes best use of our collective resources.
You will plan and implement strategies for improving awareness, access and usage of all services and report on service income and expenditure recommending and implementing opportunities to reduce costs and increase income and working with the Executive Manager Social Enterprise to achieve consistency and a standardised approach to charging
Lead and manage the delivery of agreed priority projects, monitoring these in line with agreed timescales, reviewing the learning and reporting to the Senior Management Team on the value and difference such projects have made
Positively represent and further the work of the Age UK Salford by working effectively with colleagues, volunteers, in partnership, and by championing the assets of local older people, understanding the health and social care systems in Salford and the role of the Voluntary, Charitable and Social Enterprise sector
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To supervise, coach, develop and motivate each of the Service Managers and Team Leads, to manage their resources and model expected attitudes and behaviours in order to achieve the aims and objectives of Age UK Salford
- Provide co-ordinated line management to Service Managers responsible for Age UK Salford care and support services which currently covering Day Care, Hospital Aftercare, Dementia Support and Social Rehabilitation services in accordance with the charity’s procedures.
- Lead and manage the delivery of agreed priority projects, monitoring these in line with agreed timescales, reviewing the learning and reporting to the Senior Management Team on the value such projects have made
- Under the direction of the Director of Care and Support Services, lead on the development and implementation of a model of care and support where services are integrated and on a ‘continuum of care’ to provide a seamless experience, which is person centred and focussed on the outcomes which matter to individual older people who are supported by Age UK Salford.
- To review existing practices and implement improvements to ensure effective systems are in place, followed and regularly evaluated for all aspects of these services
- Report to the Director of Care and Support Services on service income and expenditure by monitoring against agreed budgets, and being proactive in investigating and implementing opportunities to reduce costs and increase income
- Support Service Managers to apply effective recruitment, supervision, and agreed Human Resource management practices and develop a co-ordinated and consistent approach which enables care and support staff to operate more flexibly across the services.
- Guide Service Managers and the Volunteer Coordinator in developing new and optimising volunteering roles available across the care and support services to ensure that equal opportunities are made widely available and valued.
- Regularly review the skills and training needs of staff working in care and support services to produce an agreed training plan to enable the Director of Care and Support Services to make best use of resources.
- Attend and manage the regular meetings of Service Managers to maintain the formal communication link between Senior and Service Managers to ensure policy and procedural matters, development opportunities, campaigns and agreed projects are implemented and their progress reported back to the Senior Management Team.
- Direct and guide Service Managers in the regular production, delivery and performance monitoring of service plans, in a format which is consistent with commissioning, contractual, financial, budgetary and other Age UK Salford reporting requirements.
- Develop the approach to collecting information to evaluate and provide evidence of the outcomes achieved by care and support services for individuals, the health and social care system and the Social Value created.
- Establish a system to regularly share, highlight, promote and publicise achievements and celebrate the positive impact and outcomes Age UK Salford delivers, to increase understanding of the role of the charity, to raise awareness and maintain momentum and motivation.
- Together with the Marketing and Communications Manager develop and manage the social media strategy and activity in order to promote Age UK Salford’s Care and Support Services
- Work within the organisational Quality Assurance Framework and any other Statutory or Regulatory framework which may apply and abide by and ensure the implementation of Health and Safety policies.
- Maintain an awareness of health and social policy, at a national and local level, using Age UK and other resources to promote values and practical solutions which are based on current research and evidence, e.g. Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults and in line with the charity’s agreed objectives
- Represent Age UK Salford at meetings and on projects with partners which promote and ensure that the wider role and resources of Age UK Salford are arranged and developed to support positive changes to improve the health and care system for older people in Salford
More jobs like this
- Full Time Social Care & Welfare Fundraising jobs in Salford
- Full Time Social Care & Welfare Marketing jobs in Salford
- Full Time Social Care & Welfare Management jobs in Salford
- Full Time Social Care & Welfare Business Development & Commercial jobs in Salford
- Full Time Social Care & Welfare Volunteer Recruitment & Management jobs in Salford