Head of Communications
We are looking for a passionate, highly motivated individual with a background in media, publications or communications ideally in a campaigning organisation or in the third sector.
Our new Head of Communications will lead and manage our communications team, delivering vibrant communications to engage our membership and the general public – vegans and non-vegans alike - in the Society’s message.
The successful candidate will have excellent communications skills backed up with experience in brand management, media strategy and engaging stakeholders including membership and the general public, as well as being fully committed to the values of The Vegan Society. You will need to demonstrate experience of leading and managing a team, helping direct reports to achieve their objectives and supporting them in their development. You will have a proven track record of setting objectives and ensuring those targets are achieved, on time and on budget.
Working at The Vegan Society is a very rewarding experience. As well as offering a fully supportive team of likeminded individuals to work alongside, we also offer:
- A solution-focused atmosphere and hard working environment
- Flexible working hours, with the possibility of some remote working
- Employee Assistance Programme and health cash-back scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers scheme
- Animal companion compassionate leave
- 28 Days leave and 8 Bank Holidays
- Office location in the Jewellery Quarter of Birmingham