Stakeholder Engagement and Communications Officer
Public Sector organisation in Birmingham
Support the External Affairs Manager in the development and implementation of the external communications strategy, stakeholder engagement plan and events programme
* Undertake stakeholder engagement
* Manage and deliver events ranging from conferences and exhibitions to in-house and external seminars
* Secure internal and external speakers and foster collaborations with external partner organisations for events and speaking engagements, such as lectures
* Maintain systems and records including event plans, speaker lists and contact lists
* Work with staff to arrange suitable meetings and event attendance for the Executive
* Lead on speech writing and creating presentations for those meetings and events
* Lead on co-ordinating feedback from stakeholders to inform research and policy development
* Identify the need for and assist in the development of promotional materials relevant to stakeholder audiences
* Arrange and administer meetings and round tables, prepare agendas, and take notes ensuring accurate, informative and timely minutes are produced
* Excellent relationship management and ability to deal with people on all levels.
* Demonstrable knowledge of public affairs and stakeholder management.
* Strong persuasion and influencing skills.
* Presentation and briefing writing experience.
* Proven experience of working in a public affairs or communications environment.
* Experience of writing content for events (promotional material, speeches, presentations).
* Experience of problem solving and organisational skills.
* Excellent IT skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), database maintenance, email (Outlook).
£36,883 pro rata
9 month contract