Internal Communications Officer
A leading organisation within it's sector based in London.
- Sourcing content and drafting articles for the intranet and newsletters to staff and managers. This will include interviewing staff for profile pieces, sourcing staff offers with local businesses, engaging with the media team to highlight success stories
- Picking up reactive internal communications requests and messages as they come in and communicating them through the most appropriate channel
- Supporting different teams with their internal communications activities and messages
- Monitoring of Yammer (social enterprise network) and responding proactively where appropriate or engaging directly with the business to find solutions
- Support in the planning and delivery of large scale, high profile internal events such as the Staff Conference, as well as marketplace or drop in sessions
- Support in the delivery of council wide campaigns in order to encourage engagement across the organisation
- Contribute to the development of an annual programme of audience-led, multi-media internal communications campaigns that support the delivery of the council's priorities
- Commission, brief, manage and evaluate the work of design contractors, illustrators, copywriters, media agents, photographers etc., in line with council protocols (including the corporate identity guidelines).
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with external organisations such as partners, contractors, professional bodies, voluntary sector, media and local and national government bodies in order to augment council communications
- Implement the council's brand guidelines, and enforce guidelines when necessary
- Previous experience in internal communications essential (2 years' experience preferable)
- Strong evidence of designing and delivering effective internal communications activity across multiple channels and have delivered on objectives
- Considerable and demonstrable experience of working with minimum supervision, project management, and dealing with senior contacts to deliver campaigns objectives.
- Excellent working knowledge of SharePoint 2013 and Office 365 required
- Experience of a social enterprise network e.g. yammer
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Knowledge of video production and editing preferable, but not essential
£120 - £160 per day, 3 months at first instance.