Major Gifts Fundraiser
About SOS Children’s Villages UK:
SOS Children’s Villages is a global charity, which provides orphans and vulnerable children with a stable and positive family life. We protect and improve the lives of children in 125 countries, working with communities to keep fragmenting families together and, where this is not possible, we build new families for children at risk.
As a global authority on alternative care, SOS Children’s Villages works in partnership with the United Nations, advocating for the rights of all children and contributing towards the development of key child protection policies. For more information, please visit http://www.soschildren.org
At the heart of our work is the child at risk: SOS Children’s Villages gives long term care to vulnerable children and works with communities around the world to prevent child neglect and abandonment.
About the Post:
We are looking for an outstanding Major Gift Fundraiser to work with our existing – as well as to seek out new - philanthropists in the London area. Flexible (including partial home working) arrangements will be considered.
The Major Gift Fundraiser will help grow the major giving pipeline and manage a personal portfolio of high-net- worth individuals. This includes identifying, researching and cultivating new sources of income, while also developing and maintaining strong senior level relationships with current donors. The focus is on bringing in new major relationships and stewarding these relationships to deliver maximum lifetime value. This role also works with SOS Children’s International Office and colleagues throughout Europe and North America as part of the Individual Giving team.
- Develop tailored strategies to manage donor relationships and deliver excellent customer service to maximise income and secure longevity of relationships
- Personally initiate, develop and manage high value relationships, from £5k to £100k+ level, which result in significant income and value, developing strategic, two-way relationships with specific donors.
- Work across the charity to develop accurate, inspiring propositions and packages of information about our work, including sourcing information from other teams, writing compelling proposals and working with the marketing team on any design needs for proposals and reports.
- Ensure the best possible stewardship of major donors, maximising opportunities for project visits and for personal involvement.
- Ensure written reports, proposals and thank you letters are compelling, accurate, engaging and follow best practice.
- Ensure donor data on our CRM system is accurate
- Monitor, evaluate and report against operational plans and budgets to ensure objectives are achieved or exceeded in all areas.
- Manage your own prospect portfolio, reporting monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Evaluate each area of activity to improve performance in following years, identifying resource levels required to meet income and expenditure targets and ensure sustained growth.
- Introducing new ideas and initiatives into the role whilst taking ownership of work
- Attending networking events and being an advocate for SOS Children’s Villages UK supporting the delivery of SOS Children’s Villages vision and ensuring that the charity’s profile and reputation are enhanced.
- Any other duties as directed by and agreed with line manager.
The role requires a motivated professional, able to work well independently and as part of a busy team and who has:
- Demonstrable knowledge of best practice in major donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Evidence of preparing and implementing supporter development plans which have led to securing five figure gifts, including having made the approach oneself
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing philanthropic relationships with high net worth individuals and stewarding donors
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to create and deliver engaging proposals
- Proven experience of meeting and exceeding personal and team income targets
- Demonstrable experience of working across teams and departments internally to create proposals and reports for donors, as well as growing relationships in innovative ways
- Experience of using a charity CRM system
- Willing and able to travel within the UK and abroad
- Able to undertake working at weekends and the evenings to fit in with donor meetings
- Experience of proposal writing and reporting for trusts and foundations
- Experience of managing leadership giving groups, committees and/or circles
- Experience of constructing single and multi-year budgets for proposals and report progress against KPIs throughout the year
Education and Qualifications
- Degree level education (minimum first degree)
Personal Attributes / Qualities
- Passionate about child development
- Ambitious, innovative, target driven and self-motivated
- Trustworthy, patient, flexible and a good relationship builder
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Open to new ways of working, learning new tasks and skills as required
- Work effectively under pressure
- A commitment to your own personal development
- A sense of humour and a positive attitude
- 25 days annual leave + your Birthday
- Matched pension contribution up to 5%
- 2 days off to support a charity of your choice each year
Please send Word documents only with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” to email@example.com.