International Chief Technical Advisor - Conservation Charity
1 day left
- Contract Type
Our client's Rainforest Programme is an exciting long-term initiative supporting the management of the critical landscape in Sierra Leone which is a global priority for biodiversity conservation. It's the very first REDD project in West Africa verified to the two leading standards on the voluntary carbon market, achieving double gold levels for biodiversity and climate change adaptation.
Position: International Chief Technical Advisor
Reference number: A7600317
Location: Sierra Leone
Starting salary range is £39,970 to £46,631 per annum
Hours: Full time
Contract: 2 years
Our client is seeking a dynamic Chief Technical Advisor to deliver the objectives of the programme, specifically the REDD Project's objectives, delivering direct benefits to biodiversity and to 122 Forest Edge Communities.
You will have particularly strong skills in project management, monitoring and evaluation, evidence-based interventions and staff management. You will have a strong interest in natural resources management, sustainable livelihoods, community-based approaches and capacity building.
Main Duties are:
- To provide robust and strategic expert advice to the Senior Management Team and to the three International Technical Advisors for delivery of the charity's Programme, ensuring alignment within the overall REDD project's targets and objectives. This involves overseeing planning, delivery, budgeting, reporting and internal evaluations for the effective implementation of the programme. This will consist in (but not restricted to):
- leading on the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation protocol for measuring success at the outcome level for the area's REDD Project;
- monitoring of operational expenditures to ensure alignment with the Programme's targets and priorities;
- providing technical support and leadership to the Senior Management team in the appropriate and efficient deployment, use and management of resources;
- To ensure that the Rainforest Programme, including research and co-management, agricultural interventions and park operations, administration and finance, is effectively implemented and monitored; To provide capacity building in effective natural resources management, community-based approaches, project management, monitoring and evaluation, and leadership skills to Senior management; Develop and maintain key relationships with local and national stakeholders, including local communities and the Board. Assist with capacity building in effective project management, monitoring and implementation to the local Birdlife Partner's staff in Sierra Leone and potentially in Liberia.
The benefits package includes accommodation, flights and travel insurance.
Candidates do NOT need to be eligible to work in the UK since this position is out-posted in Sierra Leone
Closing date: 29 March 2017
Interview date: 5 April 2017
To find out more information and apply for this position, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
Please make sure you include reference number A7600317 on any correspondence.
No agencies please.