3 days left
- Contract Type
Comic Relief is a major charity based in the UK with a vision of a just world, free from poverty. Set up in 1985 we work all year round to make this vision a reality and to date have raised over £1 billion through our two major campaigns Red Nose Day and Sport Relief.
On top of this, we are on a mission to be a shining example of pioneering and exemplary governance within the next three years. As such, we are looking for an experienced and credible person to join our Remuneration and Nominations Committee in order to provide counsel to the executive team on board, people and organisational matters alongside our Chair of Trustees, CEO, COO and Head of People and Organisation Development.
The Remuneration and Nominations Committee supports the performance management and effectiveness of our governance including the appraisals and succession planning of our board and committee members as well as reviewing and making recommendations to the board on the Comic Relief remuneration framework.
If you are looking for a new challenge or the opportunity to get involved with a popular and well-loved charity, at an exciting new chapter in our history, then please send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter setting out the depth of your skills and experience in the areas listed below, giving examples where possible.
- To be an active member of the Remunerations and Nominations Committee which currently
meets four times a year
- To review current and future people strategies
- To ensure that the people activities of Comic Relief are in line with our aim
- To advise the Chair of Trustees, the CEO and the Head of People and Organisation Development
- the risks and impact of organisational change interventions,
- the long term strategic oversight of Comic Relief’s people strategies in relation to our aims
- digital transformation initiatives
- leading complex change initiatives particularly digital transformation projects
- leadership at Director level or equivalent
- using sound judgement and confident decision making
- generalist human resources
- managing reward and recognition projects
- leading diversity initiatives
- charity law and governance
To apply please visit our website via the link.
Closing date for applications is 31st March 2017.
Comic Relief positively welcomes, and seeks to ensure we achieve, diversity in our workforce and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment, regardless of age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or nationality. We encourage applications from disabled people and we will guarantee a first stage interview to all disabled applicants who sufficiently demonstrate in their application how they meet the essential criteria for the job as outlined on the person specification of the job description.
Registered charity 326568